IJ production mistakes

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Mike Solli

RE: IJ production mistakes

Post by Mike Solli »

ORIGINAL: Sun Tempest

I would have a question? Let's take a single engined plane, (e.g. Nate) what is the total cost in HI? I suspect that it amounts to 36HI (18HI engine + 18HI airfarme), but I'm not 100% sure.

That is correct. A 2 engine plane costs 72 HI, 36 HI for 2 engines and 36 HI for the airframe.
Created by the amazing Dixie
Mike Solli

Post by Mike Solli »

ORIGINAL: cap_and_gown

You know, there are other things besides efficiency when considering ship acceleration. I would like to testify from personal experience that having 15 CVs available in 1943 (depending on losses, of course) can benefit the Japanese player tremendously.

Can't argue with that. [:D]

Question though - what did you do to be able to get that? In other words, what did you halt?
Mynok

Post by Mynok »

Subs are the low-hanging fruit for halting. They can always be built later. Of course, halting Shinano will put 1.5 CVs on accelerated schedules.

"Measure civilization by the ability of citizens to mock government with impunity" -- Unknown
CapAndGown

Post by CapAndGown »

ORIGINAL: Mynok

Subs are the low-hanging fruit for halting. They can always be built later. Of course, halting Shinano will put 1.5 CVs on accelerated schedules.

Subs and Shinano it is. Plus some shipyard expansion. And very careful management of production. You need to check every day to see that some ship you want to halt has not started to build and suck down your shipyard points.
John 3rd

Post by John 3rd »

No Shinano to halt in this Mod. Got the CBs that can be built though. Here is a list on two screenshots I posted recently in my AAR. I think the date is roughly January 20, 1942:

Attachments
Shipbuilding1119.jpg
Shipbuilding1119.jpg (87.38 KiB) Viewed 151 times

Member: Treaty, Reluctant Admiral and Between the Storms Mod Team.
John 3rd

Post by John 3rd »

Here are the CBs, CAs, etc...

Attachments
Shipbuilding2119.jpg
Shipbuilding2119.jpg (99.63 KiB) Viewed 144 times

John 3rd

Post by John 3rd »

Maybe those shots of what is building/can be built will help to understand choices BigRed has to make.

bigred

Post by bigred »

ORIGINAL: Sun Tempest

I would have a question? Let's take a single engined plane, (e.g. Nate) what is the total cost in HI? I suspect that it amounts to 36HI (18HI engine + 18HI airfarme), but I'm not 100% sure.

Looking at post# 7 you are correct.
---bigred---

IJ Production mistakes--
tm.asp?m=2597400
bigred

Post by bigred »

ORIGINAL: John 3rd

Thanks for the answers.

What are your naval points like now? Have you expanded your naval yards?

Naval yards/points. yes all small yards I doubled early. I currently have only 3 ships accelerated, 2xCVEs and one tanker. I probably screwed up the merchant production earlier w/ massive tanker/CVE acceleration. So you can see my merchant naval points are getting low. At the time of the decision someone on the forum had suggested accelerating Tankers/CVEs so it sounded good to me.

Attachments
crome.jpg
crome.jpg (175.13 KiB) Viewed 144 times
---bigred---

IJ Production mistakes--
tm.asp?m=2597400
bigred

Post by bigred »

This is a print of my current resource levels. april 7th 42. I figure I will be able to really lift some oil and resources after I finish off Java. So the r/o should stabilize in about 2 months.

Attachments
Resources=122.jpg
Resources=122.jpg (83.28 KiB) Viewed 145 times
---bigred---

IJ Production mistakes--
tm.asp?m=2597400
bigred

Post by bigred »

ORIGINAL: John 3rd
In your game have you had the big A-t-A differential that FatR and Yubari have written on?

I have noticed something unusual, Look at this. It started as I invaded Hilo. up till turn 101 I had about 100 zero losses. In 20 turns i have lost almost another 100 zeros. By these numbers in a heavy engagement over Hilo I have lost about 100 planes but the allies have lost about an extra 600. Note some of the loses are from the dutch air on java making a last air attack.

On this screen over 30 turns the loss rate appears to be 627/330=1.9to1. Hilo allied sweep is made by p40.

Attachments
IJ air loses.jpg
IJ air loses.jpg (55.73 KiB) Viewed 146 times
---bigred---

IJ Production mistakes--
tm.asp?m=2597400
John 3rd

Post by John 3rd »

Lookie at what Good Sir?

My A-t-A has been good but not extreme. Should know when some decent fighters are encountered. Haven't fought any sizeable P-40 force (AVG is in Burma I THINK!), no Hurricanes/Spitfires, and no Wildcats yet. Should know pretty quick after that though.

bigred

Post by bigred »

I would like to thank everyone for kind advice and ideas. Be advised I find a thread I have produced to be easier to remember when I need to study my issues. Kind of an online library for jap production. I have a hard time remembering other thread locations..
---bigred---

IJ Production mistakes--
tm.asp?m=2597400
jomni

Post by jomni »

I would love to see a Japanese production compendium.
bigred

Post by bigred »

according to Damien the first thing I need to do is figure my input. In my game at first I grabbed everything I could find and sent it to japan. Then I realized some of those islands are not connected. LOL. So I rerouted most Cargo TFs to Honshu.

Now I am worried about china. I noticed low supply levels. Tactically I have not covered all garrisons w/ the intent of taking a goodly part of china. I wondered if those partisans are destroying my supply production? So I will slow down my resource pull from Port Aurther and Shanghia.

Now to my input numbers. I red lined what I am not able to deliver. I wondered how to pick up those russian resources. I figure they come thru sakhalin island which I am loading out.

My positive Res count is about 39000 per day to be carried to japan. did not include ocean island. Say 40000 per day.

So next I looked to see how much Res I have in the convoy system.

Attachments
Res per day.jpg
Res per day.jpg (154.88 KiB) Viewed 146 times
---bigred---

IJ Production mistakes--
tm.asp?m=2597400
bigred

Post by bigred »

Shipping of resources in convoy is:230335 I figure all of this will arrive w/in 7 days so 230335/7=32905 per day input resources average onto Honshu.

Attachments
shipping japan.jpg
shipping japan.jpg (54.39 KiB) Viewed 146 times
---bigred---

IJ Production mistakes--
tm.asp?m=2597400
bigred

Post by bigred »

AS I was looking thru my tracker I saw this and hoped it does not mean current supply cost of repairs.

Attachments
supply repairs.jpg
supply repairs.jpg (184.38 KiB) Viewed 146 times
---bigred---

IJ Production mistakes--
tm.asp?m=2597400
bigred

Post by bigred »

ORIGINAL: bigred

according to Damien the first thing I need to do is figure my input. In my game at first I grabbed everything I could find and sent it to japan. Then I realized some of those islands are not connected. LOL. So I rerouted most Cargo TFs to Honshu.

Now I am worried about china. I noticed low supply levels. Tactically I have not covered all garrisons w/ the intent of taking a goodly part of china. I wondered if those partisans are destroying my supply production? So I will slow down my resource pull from Port Aurther and Shaghia.

Now to my input numbers. I red lined what I am not able to deliver. I wondered how to pick up those russian resources. I figure they come thru sakhalin island which I am loading out.

My positive Res count is about 39000 per day to be carried to japan. did not include ocean island. Say 40000 per day.

So next I looked to see how much Res I have in the convoy system.

I looked at the average decline/ gain of my resources from post #50 =-10021 per turn.
Not that far off the mark. I need to deliver an extra 15000 res per day to go positive. So where do the allies have what I will need.

I figure Sumatra, all of Java, and improve the draw from Borneo and a few other undisclosed locations should do the trick.
---bigred---

IJ Production mistakes--
tm.asp?m=2597400
Mike Solli

Post by Mike Solli »

Shipping of resources in convoy is:230335 I figure all of this will arrive w/in 7 days so 230335/7=32905 per day input resources average onto Honshu.

Keep in mind that you need roughly 110k resources to flow into Honshu each day. If everything is producing, you need 6.4 mil resources a month and Honshu produces almost 3.1 mil resources. Granted, most if comes from Japan and China/Manchuria/Korea, but you still have to ship almost all of it.
n01487477

Post by n01487477 »

ORIGINAL: Mike Solli

Keep in mind that you need roughly 110k resources to flow into Honshu each day. If everything is producing, you need 6.4 mil resources a month and Honshu produces almost 3.1 mil resources. Granted, most if comes from Japan and China/Manchuria/Korea, but you still have to ship almost all of it.
Actually Reluctant Admiral is a bit different ... just downloaded and loaded 1st turn data. I'm intrigued so will have a look at where the shortfall is.

Attachments
capture.jpg
capture.jpg (84.2 KiB) Viewed 147 times

Return to “The War Room”