Problem with 3.4

This forum is for official support and troubleshooting FAQs.

Moderators: JAMiAM, ralphtricky

saintsup

Problem with 3.4

Post by saintsup »

Hello,

I just installed on my new PC TOAW + 3.4. Everything looks perfect (I love the new graphics btw) except that I don't have a menu poping-up when I right-click on a ennemy unit to attack. Every other pop-up menu works fine.

I'm on Windows 7.

I tried to reinstall from fresh twice.

Any idea ?
Veers

RE: Problem with 3.4

Post by Veers »

ORIGINAL: saintsup

Hello,

I just installed on my new PC TOAW + 3.4. Everything looks perfect (I love the new graphics btw) except that I don't have a menu poping-up when I right-click on a ennemy unit to attack. Every other pop-up menu works fine.

I'm on Windows 7.

I tried to reinstall from fresh twice.

Any idea ?

From the Whatsnew Doc:
36. Skipping the Unit Movement Popup:
The “Menu Show Delay” (see “Page Two” display above) allows players to skip the popup when they
move units. If it is set to a value greater than one, the most likely task will be executed automatically –
skipping the popup. If the player wants to use the popup instead, he can hold the right button down until
the delay expires, then make his selection. Note that setting the delay to one turns the feature off – the
popup will always appear. Note that to expedite this feature, formerly “grayed out” items on the popup
have now been removed instead.
Typically, this means that clicking the right mouse button will move the unit to the location or set it to
attack, if there is an adjacent enemy unit in the target location. To move a group, entrain, plan the attack,
etc., just hold the right mouse button down until the delay expires.
After completing the move, the active unit is automatically advanced to the next unit in the stack – unless
the Page Two “Moving Selects Next Unit” option has been turned off. This option has no effect if the
“Menu Show Delay” feature is turned off (the moved unit always remains the active unit, like in older
versions of TOAW).
If the Page Two “Menu Show Delay” option is set to one, this feature is turned off.

To respond directly to the thread's subject: The problem would appear to have been PEBKAC. [:D]
To repeat history in a game is to be predictable.
If you wish to learn more about EA, feel free to pop over to the EA forums Europe Aflame Forums.
saintsup

RE: Problem with 3.4

Post by saintsup »

Thank you. I should have read the whole what's new ...

And I don't understand the joke about PEBKAC. Thanks to take the time to respond anyway.

Return to “TOAW III Support”