Revolution under Siege: Russian Civil War Game with Ageods's RoP engine planned

Revolution Under Siege is a simultaneous turn based historical wargame that puts you in charge of one of the factions that fought the Russian Civil War (1917-1923). From a ragtag group of volunteers create the powerful Red Army, using all the weaponry and equipment at your disposal: planes, tanks, armored trains, Cheka troops and the Konarmia (the famous Red Cavalry). Or, on the opposite side, gather all patriots and reform the elite divisions that shall save Holy Mother Russia. Can you succeed in crushing the Bolshevik hydra? Or will the people’s Revolution prevail?
wosung

Revolution under Siege: Russian Civil War Game with Ageods's RoP engine planned

Post by wosung »

Exotic:

Revolution under Siege: Russian Civil War Game with Ageods's Age engine (AACW, RoP) planned.

Regards

http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.p ... post184765
wosung
Lützow

RE: Revolution under Siege: Russian Civil War Game with Ageods's RoP engine planned

Post by Lützow »

Might be interesting. I considered RoP as the best ageod game so far.
U2

RE: Revolution under Siege: Russian Civil War Game with Ageods's RoP engine planned

Post by U2 »

Sounds good to me. Since Paradox releases their games now a days one only have to wait for the sale and pick it up for 15 euro or something. Just did that with RoP which is a recent release.
sol_invictus

Post by sol_invictus »

This title just doesn't grab me at all. I wish they would develope a Second Punic War title. I agree that ROP is their best release to date.
"The fruit of too much liberty is slavery", Cicero
SlickWilhelm

Post by SlickWilhelm »

I think it looks like another potential winner in the Ageod stable. That period of history in Russia is fascinating(and sad). 
Beta Tester - Brother Against Brother
Beta Tester - Commander: The Great War
Beta Tester - Desert War 1940-42
Lützow

Post by Lützow »

ORIGINAL: Slick Wilhelm

I think it looks like another potential winner in the Ageod stable. That period of history in Russia is fascinating(and sad). 

That's what I think as well. This topic didn't get covered in wargames yet and leading the white army against the bolsheviks would be a welcome diversion from the usual Barbarossa scenarios. I had read some stuff about German Freikorps in the baltic states, but my knowledge about Russian Revolution is like uncharted territory.

Bamilus

Post by Bamilus »

ORIGINAL: Lützow

ORIGINAL: Slick Wilhelm

That's what I think as well. This topic didn't get covered in wargames yet and leading the white army against the bolsheviks would be a welcome diversion from the usual Barbarossa scenarios. I had read some stuff about German Freikorps in the baltic states, but my knowledge about Russian Revolution is like uncharted territory.

This. Over the past few years I've become really interested in Russian/Soviet history from 1914-1993. Game looks awesome.
Paradox Interactive Forum Refugee
CatLord

Post by CatLord »

ORIGINAL: Arinvald

This title just doesn't grab me at all. I wish they would develope a Second Punic War title. I agree that ROP is their best release to date.
Hi people,

long time I have not come here. :)

The title refers to the situation in 1919.

At the end of 1918, the "People's Revolution" had seem unstoppable; the Soviets were almost convinced that soon, their communist revolution would spring in all European countries, and that it was invicible.

Then as the military campaigns resumed after the winter, they were attacked by the Whites from the North, from the South, from the East, Poland to the West was hostile, Ukraine was in utter chaos, Allies were pouring war material to the Whites. What had seem a tremendous success suddenly felt like a house of cards that could collapse at any time.

So much so that on July 9th 1919, Lenin proclaimed "The Soviet republic is besieged by the enemy. It must be a single armed camps, not in word, but in deeds."

Hence the game's title. [8D]

Cat
Member of the Revolution Under Siege development team.
comte

Post by comte »

Wow great stuff AGEOD doesn't fail to surprise when it comes to Obscure historical wars. I really hope at some point they do a Vietnam War game [:)]
CatLord

Post by CatLord »

ORIGINAL: Aces8

Wow great stuff AGEOD doesn't fail to surprise when it comes to Obscure historical wars. I really hope at some point they do a Vietnam War game [:)]
The Vietnam War is also one of the most unrepresented conflict in PC wargaming (at least at the Strategic/Operational scale). I think this is because the conflict is massively asymmetric, and hence, very difficult to make fun in multiplayer. The two players would have to play almost two different games to represent the war properly.

Very hard to simulate and make fun for both sides, IHMO...

Cat
comte

Post by comte »

ORIGINAL: CatLord

The Vietnam War is also one of the most unrepresented conflict in PC wargaming (at least at the Strategic/Operational scale). I think this is because the conflict is massively asymmetric, and hence, very difficult to make fun in multiplayer. The two players would have to play almost two different games to represent the war properly.

Cat

Well the Russian Civil war isn't exactly fun either for both sides.
CatLord

Post by CatLord »

Well the Russian Civil war isn't exactly fun either for both sides.
No, but the game should be fun, or at least as fun as an ACW game: Whites have little but high quality troops at the beginning, Reds have masses of conscripts that will hardened over the years.

Cat
Lützow

Post by Lützow »

Don't think that should be a problem as AGEOD could introduce some kind of asymetric ruleset with different objectives for both sides. So one opponent can win by decisive battles and the other over attrition warfare.
CatLord

Post by CatLord »

[Official presentation of the game]
REVOLUTION UNDER SIEGE (RUS) is a simultaneous turn based historical wargame that puts you in charge of one of the factions that fought the Russian Civil War (1917-1923).

From a ragtag group of volunteers create the powerful Red Army, using all the weaponry and equipment at your disposal: planes, tanks, armoured trains, Cheka troops and the Konarmia (the famous Red Cavalry). Or, on the opposite side, gather all patriots and reform the elite divisions that shall save Holy Mother Russia. Can you succeed in crushing the Bolshevik hydra? Or will the People's Revolution prevail?

Several sides are playable: Trotsky’s Red Army, Denikin’s white counter-revolutionary forces of Southern Russia, Kolchak’s Siberians, Finnish from both sides, or the newly independent Polish troops led by Marshal Piłsudski.

The game uses the famous AGE engine, from AGEOD's American Civil War and Rise of Prussia, renown and awarded wargames.

Features:

-A map of unrivalled precision from Poland to the Pacific Ocean.

-Meet again our know-how for historical realism: hundreds of officers and units are faithfully transcript in the game.

-Politics, requisitions, revolts, repression: Gain support of the population or pressure them with your political police.

-Cleverly use the brand new weapons of the time: tanks, armoured trains and aircrafts.

-Recruitment, organisation: Create massive armies from groups of volunteers and send them to ambitious manoeuvres and victory.

-Can you capture Lenin or eliminate the different White leaders?

-Use diplomacy to trigger foreign nations entry in the war. New allies will endlessly change the course of your games !

-Find out unique campaigns covering each one of the years of the war in Russia, as well as the Finnish Civil War (1918) or the Russian-Polish war (1920). Or rewrite history with an ambitious « what if » scenario.
This will be posted in the AgeOD forums in a very short while.

Cat
comte

Post by comte »

Cat

I was just screwing around [;)]
CatLord

Post by CatLord »

There is now an official announcement in a dedicated forum at AgeOD: http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?t=18472 :)

Cat
CatLord

Post by CatLord »

The map (we may have to still tweak a railroad here and there):

http://www.ageod-forum.com/showpost.php?p=185088&postcount=6

Cat
sterckxe

Post by sterckxe »

-Find out unique campaigns covering each one of the years of the war in Russia, as well as the Finnish Civil War (1918) or the Russian-Polish war (1920). Or rewrite history with an ambitious « what if » scenario.

Ok, sold.[;)]

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx
CatLord

Post by CatLord »

We made a small teaser trailer inspired by a famous propaganda poster:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHUwG4eHnn8

Will someone find which one ? :)

Cat
sterckxe

Post by sterckxe »

We made a small teaser trailer inspired by a famous propaganda poster:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHUwG4eHnn8

Will someone find which one ? :)

Cat

Ok, I give up - went through the entire collection here

http://digitalgallery.nypl.org/nypldigi ... 918%2D1922

.. and didn't notice anything "inspirational"

But the video did remind me of a science show on tv when I was a kid [:D]

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx