Problem with Expansion Planner

Post bug reports and ask for support here.

Moderators: Icemania, elliotg

Cindar

Problem with Expansion Planner

Post by Cindar »

Its not showing all colonizable colonies. I keep finding colonies with very nice alien populations and/or ruins on the Resource Targets by Galaxy Priority list that do not appear on the Potential Colonies list. It doesn't seem related to the game thinking I can't colonize the specific type of planet, as in this case other ice planets show up on the Potential Colonies list, just not all of them.

http://img19.imageshack.us/i/74035741.jpg/
Canute0

RE: Problem with Expansion Planner

Post by Canute0 »

1. Pic you see, these Planets are Ice and Vulcanic

2. Pic you see, you can't colonies these. You dont have the proper Populations to colonies Ice and Vulcanic.

Solution, Invade an indepence Ice and Vulcanic planet then you can build with that population new colonie ships to colonies to other Ice/Vulcanic planets. hmm i am not sure if you can invade indepence planets never try that self.

Spacecadet

Post by Spacecadet »

You can Colonize or Conquer a Planet with Independents. That should give their Colonization abilities.

CPU: Intel 2700K
RAM: 16 GB
GPU: GTX 970
Res: 1920 x 1200

Cindar

Post by Cindar »

ORIGINAL: Canute

1. Pic you see, these Planets are Ice and Vulcanic

2. Pic you see, you can't colonies these. You dont have the proper Populations to colonies Ice and Vulcanic.

Solution, Invade an indepence Ice and Vulcanic planet then you can build with that population new colonie ships to colonies to other Ice/Vulcanic planets. hmm i am not sure if you can invade indepence planets never try that self.
As you can see from the third picture, I clearly have the needed race to colonize ice planets. Furthermore, other ice planets appear in the Potential colonies list as colonizable. At this point the game I had pretty much every race in existence somewhere in my empire [:D]
Rustyallan

Post by Rustyallan »

What I've just seen in a game is that Expansion Planner doesn't show Ice and Volcanic planets, but if I go to one, right-click, and tell it to build a colony ship and send it, I'll get a colony on that planet in a short while.

There's definitely something not right about that.  Either I can colonize it and have it show in the expansion planner, or not be able to colonize it at all.

Canute0

Post by Canute0 »

No the 3.pic just show you own a Colony ship that could colonizes that planet.

But you right that should appear at the expansion planer too.

Cindar

Post by Cindar »

ORIGINAL: Canute

No the 3.pic just show you own a Colony ship that could colonizes that planet.

But you right that should appear at the expansion planer too.
No, the 3rd pic says "Meagre Way building at TR32 to colonize Moon AJ855". That means I clearly have the correct race on that colony in my empire to make another Colony ship that can colonize the planet.
exelsiar

Post by exelsiar »

i agree with Cindar in that it's a bug, i recommend uploading a copy of a saved game for the dev's to work with, this is one of the things they tried to fix, but alas failed at.

edit: or its a seperate bug that looks like its messing with it -shrug-

Return to “Tech Support”