Scenario Help

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Devonport

Scenario Help

Post by Devonport »

Is there anywhere where I can find help with the scenarios? As a complete beginner I am trying Coral Sea but just get embarrassing failures! I have been looking in the forums to see if there are any strategy guides to help, but I can't find any.
topeverest

RE: Scenario Help

Post by topeverest »

Devonport,

Did you get what you needed?

Andy M
John 3rd

Post by John 3rd »

Fire your questions off here and you will get LOTS of thoughts!

Member: Treaty, Reluctant Admiral and Between the Storms Mod Team.
Lifer

Post by Lifer »

Everyone here loves to help the newbs.  We were all one at some point.  Coral Sea or Guadalcanal are the best place to start IMO.  When you come across something that doesn't look right or didn't go like you thought it would, post the situation/question here and someone will step up and help explain it.  If you want an opinion on something you want to try in a game, you will get lots of replies on how they would do it that may or may not be better.  If you run across someone who is a jerk and says to RTFM, well, that's what the green button on the bottom of the post is for.  Mouse over the green dot for results.  Other than that, learn the basics and then get your feet wet with a live opponent.  It's much more fun to beat up and be beaten upon by a live opponent.

Greg
Man does not enter battle to fight, but for victory. He does everything that he can to avoid the first and obtain the second.
Ardant du Picq
Devonport

Post by Devonport »

topeverest, John 3rd and Lifer - Thanks for taking the trouble to respond. Must admit I gave up on the forum as I got no response for quite a while. Have been reading AAR's to get some clues, but most of them are not against the AI, or on the 'easier' scenarios. Big learning curve! It is difficult to see the wood for the trees and avoid major disasters. The manual seems mainly to be 'how to do things' not 'what to do'. I will persevere!

Thanks again for the interest.
Grit

Post by Grit »

I'm in the exact same boat as you.

I used Guadacanal to learn the mechanics and then moved on to the full campaign. It can be overwhelming coming up with any kind of long term strategy. Hell even short term strategies aren't that easy.

Here is an AAR played with Allies against the AI. It will give you an idea of strategy and what to expect from the AI. tm.asp?m=2189227

Good Luck.

bairdlander2

Post by bairdlander2 »

I was playing GC,it helped to learn.Im trying "Thousand Mile War" its smaller.Its a lot to learn.How do you get ships to stay in one hex at sea?I sent a TF that I wanted to stay at sea and it goes to destination hex,then turns around and goes back to port.
thegreatwent

Post by thegreatwent »

I was playing GC,it helped to learn.Im trying "Thousand Mile War" its smaller.Its a lot to learn.How do you get ships to stay in one hex at sea?I sent a TF that I wanted to stay at sea and it goes to destination hex,then turns around and goes back to port.
While giving your task force orders there is a line beneath photo of your TF that says "Retirement Allowed" switch it to "Remain on Station". Just don't forget where you left the unit [:D]
bairdlander2

Post by bairdlander2 »

Thanks I thought that meant retire the ship[:D][:D]

Return to “The War Room”