Has anyone successfully created a scenario with 1.06.01?

Post mods and scenarios for EIA here

Moderator: MOD_EIA

Ted1066

Has anyone successfully created a scenario with 1.06.01?

Post by Ted1066 »

If so, share, share, share.

I tried building a classic EiA 1805 setup using the 1.06.00 editor, but failed in the end. I think I successfully edited the OOB for all nations (though some of the North African states modifications refused to remain - morale and troop levels mainly), I blew by not creating setups for each MP (which I think is a necessary component to any scenario). I should probably read the manual for the editor a little more closely [:D]

Cheers,

Ted
pzgndr

RE: Has anyone successfully created a scenario with 1.06.01?

Post by pzgndr »

I've been able to create a custom scenario and have it show up to play. A couple of issues I've noticed with the editor is a problem resetting minor diplomacy for influenced or allied, and depots don't seem to be placeable on setup. Most everything else appears to be working OK. I would still like to see an ability to create new units/leaders and add them to a scenario.

Another thing is the generic AI setups are terrible and modders will have to create their own AI setups. This does raise a point about packaging mods, as modders will have to find all customized default and AI setups they create and include those with the package. Right now ALL setups go straight into the /Setups directory and eventually this will become cumbersome with setups from multiple default campaigns and custom scenarios all in one directory. Maybe allow sub-directories for each scenario for easier management?
Bill Macon
Empires in Arms Developer
Strategic Command Developer
pzgndr

Post by pzgndr »

Here are some tips I got from Marshall regarding setup files:
The setup naming convention is:
<Nation 1st letter><Nation 2nd letter><SCENARIO Name><User entered name>
The AI convention is pretty much the same: <AI><Nation 1st letter><Nation 2nd letter><SCENARIO Name><_#>
The number at the end simply allows the engine to quickly scan the available setups for the current nation and scenario.

The <User entered name> must begin with an underscore and the AI <_#> must begin with 0. So for France, I created a FrCustom Campaign 1805-_Default.set setup, copied it and renamed it as AIFrCustom Campaign 1805-_0.set. I then started a new game using the default setup, made some adjustments, and saved that file as AIFrCustom Campaign 1805-_1.set. In relatively short order, I created a default setup and two different AI setups. It's pretty easy. After setting up all 7 MPs, it's a good idea to run through a hotseat game for all MPs to verify everything works, like you've placed all minor corps and leaders are all attached, etc.
Bill Macon
AresMars

Post by AresMars »

Is there a manual for the Editor or are we going to have to troll through the forums for that kind of data?

Thank you to pzgndr for your comments above.

pzgndr

Post by pzgndr »

v1.06 has an updated pdf user manual with a new section on the editor.&nbsp; Check in \Data\docs.&nbsp; Future user manual updates will have more info.
Bill Macon
AresMars

Post by AresMars »

Doh!

Should have checked there first...thanks again

MitchLedford

Post by MitchLedford »

Once the scenario is done, how do I share it with the other players that I am playing with by email?

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”