Yes Virginia, it CAN happen

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Yamato hugger

Yes Virginia, it CAN happen

Post by Yamato hugger »

[8D]

Attachments
aa.jpg
aa.jpg (136.18 KiB) Viewed 29 times
Yamato hugger

RE: Yes Virginia, it CAN happen

Post by Yamato hugger »

And wouldnt you know it? Its the terror of the sea, I-18!

Attachments
aa.jpg
aa.jpg (43.39 KiB) Viewed 29 times
Shark7

Post by Shark7 »

Well in the modern combat situation, the best way to find and kill a sub is with another sub, no reason it should be any different for WWII. [:D]

I assume the Dutch sub is no longer on the active units roster? [;)]
Distant Worlds Fan

'When in doubt...attack!'
denisonh

Post by denisonh »

Sonar, experience, and sub design are different for early/mid WWII fleet boats than modern subs, so I do not wholly agree.

If I remember correctly, sub vs sub was more prevalent mid/late war than ealy war.
ORIGINAL: Shark7

Well in the modern combat situation, the best way to find and kill a sub is with another sub, no reason it should be any different for WWII. [:D]

I assume the Dutch sub is no longer on the active units roster? [;)]
"Life is tough, it's even tougher when you're stupid" -SGT John M. Stryker, USMC
Yamato hugger

Post by Yamato hugger »

Naa, not that complicated. She was attacked twice, heavily damaged, and forced to surface by an ASW group earlier in the turn. She probably couldnt submerge. I did find it interesting that the sub withdrew from that earlier combat AWAY from its home base and towards Saigon though. The ASW combat was in the hex SW of where she sank, so she retreated north east - AWAY from Singapore. Just like my TFs off Borneo retreated away from their bases.
Cavalry Corp

Post by Cavalry Corp »

So what subs would be best in this situation - with guns I mean . I asume AA guns could damage subs as well ??

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”