How does one get a cool signature?

Gary Grigsby's strategic level wargame covering the entire War in the Pacific from 1941 to 1945 or beyond.

Moderators: Joel Billings, wdolson, Don Bowen, mogami

Fallschirmjager

How does one get a cool signature?

Post by Fallschirmjager »

Mine was quite outdated so I got rid of it. Since AE is nearing completion and I plan on becoming active on the forums again.
If possible can it be a artwork style signature of the USS Boise? CL-47. The ship is a favorite of mine and usualy a terror in the game. I am hoping my longevity here gets me some nice artwork [;)]

Thanks in advance!
thegreatwent

RE: How does one get a cool signature?

Post by thegreatwent »

While I am not an artist it could be fun see a Japanese airborne style signature in honor of your forum name.
Fallschirmjager

ORIGINAL: thegreatwent

While I am not an artist it could be fun see a Japanese airborne style signature in honor of your forum name.

For every 10 games I have played of WITP/UV I probably play 8 as the Allies and 2 as Japan. Unlike some of these boards I really do not have any moral dilema playing as the Axis. I just can't get myself in the groove of playing as Japan. Their weapons seem weird to me and some of it is just plain silly.
There are some things about Japan I like though, I love how much range you can get out of their light bombers and Zeros. They really have a nice advantage over the Allies in that department until late in the war. Playing as the Allies I still get suprised and soundly beaten sometimes by Betties or Nells that come at me from 15+ hexes away and hit me with torpedoes. I also like Japanese destroyers, they are fast and with their torpedoes can do massive damage to anything they encounter all the way up to battleships.

Anyways, I would much prefer some nice artwork of the Boise or North Carolina since those are my favorite ships in the UV/WitP series.

I do like your artwork however, artillery often gets overlooked in war, especialy in the PTO. But it was often what altered the course of battles with it's workmen like duties of grinding down the enemy.
stuman

Post by stuman »

Hello from a fellow Tennessean.
" Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room. " President Muffley

Fallschirmjager

ORIGINAL: stuman

Hello from a fellow Tennessean.

Hello! I was just in Memphis last week. First time I had been there in over a decade.
stuman

Post by stuman »

I get up your way now and again. We have one of our kids at UT. I really like that part of the state.

USSAmerica

Post by USSAmerica »

Fallschirmjager, check with fellow forumites Dixie or RogueUSMC.  Both are accomplished artists and have happily done many requests for sig banners. [:)]
Mike

"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett

"They need more rum punch" - Me

Artwork by The Amazing Dixie
Yamato hugger

Post by Yamato hugger »

Umm, wasnt Elvis from Mississippi somewhere? [;)]

Or did they move Memphis without consulting me? [:D]
stuman

Post by stuman »

ORIGINAL: Yamato hugger

Umm, wasnt Elvis from Mississippi somewhere? [;)]

Or did they move Memphis without consulting me? [:D]

Elvis was born in Tupelo, but he considered Memphis his home town. I know because he and I talk alot, usually after my 5th or 6th drink.

Fallschirmjager

ORIGINAL: stuman

I get up your way now and again. We have one of our kids at UT. I really like that part of the state.

I do too. Growing up I swore I would leave ASAP and off to college I went. Now after 7 years away at college I am back and never want to leave.
Anthropoid

Post by Anthropoid »

Made mine with "Paint" in about 20 min. Did a search for "Shark with Laser" resized it, added the text . . . ZAAAPPP!
The x-ray is her siren song. My ship cannot resist her long. Nearer to my deadly goal. Until the black hole. Gains control...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkIIlkyZ ... playnext=3
Barb

Post by Barb »

Actually someone from this forum has got my humble request to make up a new sig-picture for me few weeks ago. He got some nice pictures which could be of use. I will not put a pressure on the guy bombarding him every-other day with "Where is my new sig?" questions... I will just wait, wait, wait some more, wait even more, wait a lot more, die of age and wait for eternity [:D]
Anthropoid

Post by Anthropoid »

Tennessee is God's country. I'm stuck over here in F*%&$ng Taxachusetts, totally wrong side of the Appalachians where the caves are crap, the ticks have lyme the bats are infested with moldy nose syndrome, and owning a gun is virtually a crime. I envy both of you . . . well Chatta much more than Memphis I have to admit . . .
The x-ray is her siren song. My ship cannot resist her long. Nearer to my deadly goal. Until the black hole. Gains control...
stuman

Post by stuman »

ORIGINAL: Anthropoid

Tennessee is God's country. I'm stuck over here in F*%&$ng Taxachusetts, totally wrong side of the Appalachians where the caves are crap, the ticks have lyme the bats are infested with moldy nose syndrome, and owning a gun is virtually a crime. I envy both of you . . . well Chatta much more than Memphis I have to admit . . .

Another Tennessean ? Do you ever get back this way ?

" ...well Chatta much more than Memphis I have to admit ..." I do love my home town, but the Eastern part of the state is very pretty no question about it.

AW1Steve

Post by AW1Steve »

Made mine with "Paint" in about 20 min. Did a search for "Shark with Laser" resized it, added the text . . . ZAAAPPP!

Where in Mass? If your any where US 95 maybe we can have a drink together on my next run up to Maine? [:)]
Treznor

Post by Treznor »

ORIGINAL: Fallschirmjager

Mine was quite outdated so I got rid of it. Since AE is nearing completion and I plan on becoming active on the forums again.
If possible can it be a artwork style signature of the USS Boise? CL-47. The ship is a favorite of mine and usualy a terror in the game. I am hoping my longevity here gets me some nice artwork [;)]

Thanks in advance!

Get me a photo or artwork you like and I'll make a sig and/or banner for you....don't take my totally 'awesome original' sig as my best work [:-] which it issss. [;)]

"Something 'witty' inserted here"
Fallschirmjager

For it's size Chattanooga is one of the nicer cities I have come across in the US. The living is cheap and someone with a degree or post graduate degree has some options to make some very nice money at some good companies.
About the only downside is that the public education system is abysmal (across all of Tennessee outside of magnet schools) and UTC while good for undergraduate work, it lacks good post gradute degree programs.
There is really a large hole here in SE TN and North GA for a good university offering a wide variaty of masters and doctorate programs.

But now I have gone and gotten my own thread completly off topic [:o]
Someone make me a banner! I will display it with pride.
Anthropoid

Post by Anthropoid »

Not really 'from' Tennessee, but spent a lot of time in the woods there (mostly caving) during grad school. Central Tennessee, the rough triangle formed by Nashville, Cookeville, Knoxville, Chatta is about my favorite part of the world . . . with the exception of the Sierras or perhaps Southwest France!

I'm in Western Massachusetts, near the 90/91 intersection. Course I can't give you the exact coordinates to my secret lair otherwise Austin Powers will find me [:'(] (basically Amherst area).

Wife and I have decided we want to retire (20 years or so from now I guess) in SW France . . . but I should shut my trap cause now I'm really getting us off topic.
thegreatwent

Post by thegreatwent »

Thanks for complementing my Signature. I can't take credit as Dixie was kind enough to craft it for me. As for the subject matter I am a former Redleg who very much thinks that Napoleon had it right when he said something to effect of God fights on the side with the better artillery[:)]
AW1Steve

Post by AW1Steve »

Not really 'from' Tennessee, but spent a lot of time in the woods there (mostly caving) during grad school. Central Tennessee, the rough triangle formed by Nashville, Cookeville, Knoxville, Chatta is about my favorite part of the world . . . with the exception of the Sierras or perhaps Southwest France!

I'm in Western Massachusetts, near the 90/91 intersection. Course I can't give you the exact coordinates to my secret lair otherwise Austin Powers will find me [:'(] (basically Amherst area).

Wife and I have decided we want to retire (20 years or so from now I guess) in SW France . . . but I should shut my trap cause now I'm really getting us off topic.

This thread had a topic? [&:] Does any thread around here ever stay on topic? [&:]
I've never really cared about staying on topic (as it's a lost cause any how). I'm just here for the good and fun companionship![:)]

Return to “War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945”