1.06 BETA Coming!

Empires in Arms is the computer version of Australian Design Group classic board game. Empires in Arms is a seven player game of grand strategy set during the Napoleonic period of 1805-1815. The unit scale is corps level with full diplomatic options

Moderator: MOD_EIA

Marshall Ellis

1.06 BETA Coming!

Post by Marshall Ellis »

Hey guys:

I just wanted to let you know that we are very close to our first 1.06 BETA image which will have a new updated manual and the editor! I want to also remind you guys that if you choose to upgrade and are in a PBEM game then make sure that all other players upgrade to the same version as well. I have fixed several issues with the jumping units (Mainly caused by battles in the battles dir at the upgrade) so this upgrade should be a lot cleaner than the 1.05 upgrade!
Thank you

Marshall Ellis
Outflank Strategy War Games

hellfirejet

RE: 1.06 BETA Coming!

Post by hellfirejet »

Hi Marshall,
I can't wait for the release of the editor with version 1.06,I thought it would have been made available by now,there are a great many things I want to try out with the editor fingers crossed they will be possible to do?[:)]
Regards,
Graham.

I'm not retreating, I'm attacking in a different direction! Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller
bOrIuM

Post by bOrIuM »

very close is like for the 1.05.05; 2-3 weeks ? :)
Marshall Ellis

Post by Marshall Ellis »

Sorry guys, we have been experiencing some installation image issues on our end!
Hang on, the BETA should be this week!
Thank you

Marshall Ellis

bresh

Post by bresh »

Question about ship-cost/time change.
Hope this is thought through.

I fear a change in build times&cost forced into ongoing games could affect them in unwanted ways.
Say France had spend time and money to set a ton of heavies into production. And Gb 2 later countered this with building equal number of light ships comming out aprox same month.

Now how would the change affect ships on the build que ? So that suddenly French heavies come out 1 quater before the british light ships ?
What about the wasted $ compared to the nation who builds his fleet after the change ?

Regards
Bresh
hellfirejet

Post by hellfirejet »

ORIGINAL: hellfirejet

ORIGINAL: paulderynck

ORIGINAL: Tonqeen

Where can I see all the options that can be chosen when you start the game? I read it will be 80 of them.
Here is what I plan on using:

Hey folks I know it is a different game but here are the options that are going to be available for World in flames, surely we can have various option for EIA that would put an end to the incessant, I don't want this in the game and I do want this in the game, give us options please !!!!!!!
Regards,
Graham.

I'm not retreating, I'm attacking in a different direction! Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller
Marshall Ellis

Post by Marshall Ellis »

ORIGINAL: bresh

I fear a change in build times&cost forced into ongoing games could affect them in unwanted ways.
Say France had spend time and money to set a ton of heavies into production. And Gb 2 later countered this with building equal number of light ships comming out aprox same month.

Now how would the change affect ships on the build que ? So that suddenly French heavies come out 1 quater before the british light ships ?
What about the wasted $ compared to the nation who builds his fleet after the change ?

Regards
Bresh

This should not affect what is already purchased and being built.
Thank you

Marshall Ellis

pzgndr

Post by pzgndr »

Where can I see all the options that can be chosen when you start the game? I read it will be 80 of them.

I can guaran-f'ing-tee you that every single combination and permutation of 80 different game options has not been extensively playtested. OMG!! [X(] What would compel someone to play a game that has not been extensively playtested?? Don't any of these options affect the delicate play balance of the game?? [:-] I am being completely facetious of course, but some folks here on this forum seem to take this stuff far too seriously for their own well-being.
Bill Macon
Empires in Arms Developer
Strategic Command Developer
Mardonius

Post by Mardonius »

I want the Frogmen!
"Crisis is the rallying cry of the tyrant" -- James Madison
"Yes, you will win most battles, but if you loose to me you will loose oh so badly that it causes me pain (chortle) just to think of it" - P. Khan
Marshall Ellis

Post by Marshall Ellis »

I could put atomic bombs in guys, if you want? LOL!

Thank you

Marshall Ellis

hellfirejet

Post by hellfirejet »

Just a little light hearted release from all the,differing opinions of what is and is not needed for EIA.
Regards,
Graham.

bresh

Post by bresh »

ORIGINAL: Marshall Ellis

ORIGINAL: bresh

Regards
Bresh

This should not affect what is already purchased and being built.

Does it come as a option or just implemented ?
If just installed, guess people should wait building any ships, and will be able to outbuild most of the current builds.
Big advantage.....

Regards
Bresh
Marshall Ellis

Post by Marshall Ellis »

There was no other way to implement this and this has been a public change since we implemented it in Mantis??? Nobody sounded off then??? I'm not one to force anything on anybody, Bresh. this request came from several of you guys, not me but no one objected so it has been coded. I'm simply trying to respond to your requests!

Thank you

Marshall Ellis

bresh

Post by bresh »

I guess this happens when development and bug-reports, move over to a new forum/site.
I dont use the mantis forum.
And i dont see having logins all over the web, a good feature.

There are alot of suggestions around, some makes more senses than others, though at each change. One should also remember to think about the consequenze of old "date/games".

When i check EIANW forums decription for tech is still :
Tech Support 
Post bug reports and ask for support here.
Moderators MOD_EIA

Regards
Bresh
pzgndr

Post by pzgndr »

Tech Support

And... the very first stickie there is (drum roll please):
Top: [FAQ] New bug tracker - How to Report a Bug

Bill Macon
Empires in Arms Developer
Strategic Command Developer
bresh

Post by bresh »

ORIGINAL: pzgndr
Tech Support

And... the very first stickie there is (drum roll please):
Top: [FAQ] New bug tracker - How to Report a Bug

Its not located here, so to me its not matrix-games.
I created this account here where I bought the game.

Its silly to have 2 different forums for this game.

One at matrixgames to get patches info etc.
And another "outside" where you also need to create account to participate.

Regards
Bresh
NeverMan

Post by NeverMan »

I don't know about anyone else but the Members Area wouldn't let me use the same username/password as this forum, so I had to create 3:

Forum
Members Area
Mantis

Yes, it's absurd.

If the cost of doing business is too high for a company then they simply shouldn't be doing business.
hellfirejet

Post by hellfirejet »

ORIGINAL: Marshall Ellis

Sorry guys, we have been experiencing some installation image issues on our end!
Hang on, the BETA should be this week!

Yo Marshall, Last week you said 1.06 would be out by Monday, it is now Wednesday and still no sign, so when can we expect it's long awaited arrival?
Regards,
Graham.

Marshall Ellis

Post by Marshall Ellis »

It is in the que at Matrix! They may be a little backed up!

Thank you

Marshall Ellis

hellfirejet

Post by hellfirejet »

Cheers Marshall,
Anxiously waiting to try out some ideas via the editor!
Regards,
Graham.

Return to “Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815”