Generals & VP's

From the creators of Crown of Glory come an epic tale of North Vs. South. By combining area movement on the grand scale with optional hex based tactical battles when they occur, Forge of Freedom provides something for every strategy gamer. Control economic development, political development with governers and foreign nations, and use your military to win the bloodiest war in US history.

Moderator: Gil R.

BodyBag

Generals & VP's

Post by BodyBag »

Hi all!

If you kill, wound or capture a general, should you not get some VP's for that?

I imagine it would be very demoralizing on a national scale to have your key generals taken out by the opposition.

Q: What is the limit for garrison in citys? I can't find it in the manual which I for one think is very well written. It must be very hard to write with such a complex game.

Oops, just found it, 4 brigades.

Cheers,
In politics, stupidity is not a handicap
Napoleon Bonaparte
Gil R.

RE: Generals & VP's

Post by Gil R. »

That happens too often, there would be VP swings all the time. One could make an argument for it in the case of 5-stars, but those guys cannot be killed in QC, and so the rule would only take effect if a player somehow exposed his top general in HW. Maybe this would be an okay rule for 4-stars as well, but the truth is that not every 4-star would have merited such a reaction. (E.g., if McDowell had been killed at Bull Run, would that really have meant that the South was closer to winning the war? Grant or Lee killed in 1864 would have been completely different, though.)
Michael Jordan plays ball. Charles Manson kills people. I torment eager potential customers by not sharing screenshots of "Brother Against Brother." Everyone has a talent.

Return to “Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865”