Is there a way to get the 1.04 patch without using "update' button

John Tiller's Campaign Series exemplifies tactical war-gaming at its finest by bringing you the entire collection of TalonSoft's award-winning campaign series. Containing TalonSoft's West Front, East Front, and Rising Sun platoon-level combat series, as well as all of the official add-ons and expansion packs, the Matrix Edition allows players to dictate the events of World War II from the tumultuous beginning to its climatic conclusion. We are working together with original programmer John Tiller to bring you this updated edition.

Moderators: Jason Petho, Peter Fisla, asiaticus, dogovich

big dawg

Is there a way to get the 1.04 patch without using "update' button

Post by big dawg »

This has just not been my week.

I (re)installed JTCS and was attempting to update it using the update button. It is not downloading or if it is downloading it is too slow.

I have a good connection & I recall the download taking 5 minutes. I am 30 min into this & I figure something is wrong.

Is there another way to get it?
junk2drive

RE: Is there a way to get the 1.04 patch without using "update' button

Post by junk2drive »

I had no problem when 1.04 became official using the link on the home page in the news section.

However I have had to get a ftp program to download some things lately. I don't know if Windows update has caused a tighter security or ???? I keep getting a time out error even though it shows 99% complete.

You may have to get a download manager. Someone may recommend a free one.
Conflict of Heroes "Most games are like checkers or chess and some have dice and cards involved too. This game plays like checkers but you think like chess and the dice and cards can change everything in real time."
big dawg

Post by big dawg »

Hi Paul.

It started working after 20 min or so.

Thanks for the suggestion.
berto

Post by berto »

I block all ftp traffic at the firewall, so the update button doesn't work for me.

Using a special computer that is not firewalled and is specifically devoted to ftp file transfers (among other purposes), I visit and download updates from Matrix' Latest Downloads page, then copy it over to my game computer for manual installation. (The files at the Latest Downloads page are self-extracting game-update executables.)
Campaign Series Legion https://cslegion.com/
Campaign Series Lead Coder https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/view ... hp?f=10167
Panzer Campaigns, Panzer Battles Lead Coder https://wargameds.com
big dawg

Post by big dawg »

Good info.

Many thanks.

Return to “John Tiller's Campaign Series”