Diplomacy Phase Question

Post bug reports and ask for support here.

Moderator: MOD_EIA

RayKinStL

Diplomacy Phase Question

Post by RayKinStL »

With the way the game does entire phases turn based, is there a way to request an alliance, create the alliance, request access from said ally, and be granted access all in the same month. I thought I remember being able to do this in F2F games, but since it has to resolve the whole diplomacy phase in one go, and I can't request access until someone is an ally, I don't see a way I can do this. Am I missing anything, or do I simply have to create the alliance in one month and request access in the next?

Ray
Jimmer

RE: Diplomacy Phase Question

Post by Jimmer »

I think you have that right. It can't be done all in one month. This is a change from the board game. It was done for speed in PBEM games.
At LAST! The greatest campaign board game of all time is finally available for the PC. Can my old heart stand the strain?
bresh

Post by bresh »

ORIGINAL: RayKinStL

With the way the game does entire phases turn based, is there a way to request an alliance, create the alliance, request access from said ally, and be granted access all in the same month. I thought I remember being able to do this in F2F games, but since it has to resolve the whole diplomacy phase in one go, and I can't request access until someone is an ally, I don't see a way I can do this. Am I missing anything, or do I simply have to create the alliance in one month and request access in the next?

Ray

As far as i remember, i think 1.02 had a fix, where you dont need to request access, but your ally needs to check his allow access box.
Then its checked after each nations reinforcement phase if access is allowed and to who.
So its important for your new ally to check the box in his reinforcement phase, or the access wont get allowed before, request access, or his next reinforcement phase (with the box checked) happens.

Regards
Bresh
RayKinStL

Post by RayKinStL »

That seems like a bad thing.  I could think up many scenarios where it would be beneficial to ally simply to get access because you see a major weakness.  But the fact that you have to wait a month could alert someone to a possible weakness.
bresh

Post by bresh »

That seems like a bad thing.  I could think up many scenarios where it would be beneficial to ally simply to get access because you see a major weakness.  But the fact that you have to wait a month could alert someone to a possible weakness.

Ray im 90% certain, "would need a test to be fully" that by check "allow access" in reinforcement phase grants access same month Atleast i seen it work so before on 1.02.

Regards
Bresh
Marshall Ellis

Post by Marshall Ellis »

ORIGINAL: bresh

Ray im 90% certain, "would need a test to be fully" that by check "allow access" in reinforcement phase grants access same month Atleast i seen it work so before on 1.02.

Regards
Bresh

This should be the way it was changed to allow access and alliances int he same month in 1.02. Let me know if you see differently.

Thank you

Marshall Ellis
Outflank Strategy War Games

RayKinStL

Post by RayKinStL »

It looks good Marshall.  I did not realize it was possible to request access in the reinforcement force.  Slightly counter-intuitive, but I understand why it had to be done this way, given the turn-based nature of the game, and people not being in the same room.
Marshall Ellis

Post by Marshall Ellis »

I agree that this was a little counter intuitive but this was the best way to do this without adding another phase (Diplomatic Reaction) phase to the game thus slowing the pace a bit.

Thank you

Marshall Ellis

delatbabel

Post by delatbabel »

In actual fact you can grant access in any phase, even the naval or land phase -- just tick the "grant access to" button on the diplomatic reactions screen and your ally is in (provided they move after you grant them access).
--
Del
bresh

Post by bresh »

ORIGINAL: delatbabel

In actual fact you can grant access in any phase, even the naval or land phase -- just tick the "grant access to" button on the diplomatic reactions screen and your ally is in (provided they move after you grant them access).

Not quite.
You can check the box each phase yes.
But for my experience, its only granted by request (in diplomacy phase, only needed for playing with AI), while the rest checks allow access to their ally in reinforcement step and it then takes effect when their phase is submitted. You can actually follow this by examining nations.
I know in one game i didnt check till naval, and the access was not granted before next month.
While my ally granted in his reinforcement phase, and gave me access the same month.

Regards
Bresh
Marshall Ellis

Post by Marshall Ellis »

Hey guys:

I changed for 1.04 where checking the box will request and/or accep AND you can also grant access in the same diplomacy phase.

Thank you

Marshall Ellis

Return to “Tech Support”