New Version of the Guns of August 1.23 Public Beta Uploaded!!!

Adanac's Strategic level World War I grand campaign game designed by Frank Hunter

Moderator: SeanD

Greg Wilcox

New Version of the Guns of August 1.23 Public Beta Uploaded!!!

Post by Greg Wilcox »

Hi everyone,

A new version of the 1.23 Update is now available as a Public Beta via our Members Club While we do final testing we figured we'd offer you a change to get it early as well. This is still a beta, but it's stable and solid as far as we can tell. Barring any major issues being found, this will become the official update.

You can download this as a Registered Download as long as you have registered your Guns of August serial number in our Members Club (click on the MEMBERS link in the top nav bar).

Change list for 1.23
1. Fixes the surrender issues that have been mentioned including the City Ownership bug in Conquered countries
2. Adds an ini file (in the same folder as the exe) that records your opening screen choices so that things like Screen Res don't have to be set each and every time.
3. Made some AI improvements to R&D decisions and HQ Activations (making the AI a little more aggressive).
4. Changed the Political display so that some information on countries not leaning to the player's side is shown. Sort of an in-between to full knowledge and no knowledge of when an enemy is going to enter the war.
5. Made control of Alexandria and Cairo necessary for Britain to receive the Eastern Med resources. If only 1 of the cities is held the British receive only 1 resource.
6. Setup Screen for Romanian, Greek and Italian variants fixed
Greg Wilcox
Production Assistant
FrankHunter

RE: New Version of the Guns of August 1.23 Public Beta Uploaded!!!

Post by FrankHunter »

And hopefully the Baltic and 1917 bugs.
tbsfan

Post by tbsfan »

Cheers Frank.
Big B

Post by Big B »

Hi Frank,

Thought you would like to know - since I brought it up - everything loaded well without the Baltic and 1917 bug.[;)]
Thanks!

By the way, I thought there were 5 scenarios, one including 1918-1919? I don't see it on my game.

But anyway - Cheers!
ORIGINAL: FrankHunter

And hopefully the Baltic and 1917 bugs.

tbsfan

Post by tbsfan »

ORIGINAL: Big B
thought there were 5 scenarios, one including 1918-1919? I don't see it on my game. But anyway - Cheers!

Hi Big B. This one has come up before. Unfortunately, it appears that the 1918 scenario disn't make the "Final Cut" and is not included. I've suggested that all reference to that scenario should be removed from future released manuals as (to me anyway) it is misleading.
geoffreyg

Post by geoffreyg »

Seems to working fine - many thanks.
flintlock

Post by flintlock »

Appreciate the quick fix. Many thanks, Frank!

Return to “Guns of August 1914 - 1918”