New patch 1.03 and saved LCG

This forum is for official support and troubleshooting FAQs.

Moderator: Jason Petho

Col Klink

New patch 1.03 and saved LCG

Post by Col Klink »

I am in the middle of a linked campaign game and the horses are ruining it for me. In this case, I can't work around them because they are entering as reinforcements from my exit hex. So when the patch 1.03 comes out will it screw up my game or will I be able to install the patch and continue with my linked campaign game? Thanks.
Jason Petho

RE: New patch 1.03 and saved LCG

Post by Jason Petho »

ORIGINAL: Col Klink

I am in the middle of a linked campaign game and the horses are ruining it for me. In this case, I can't work around them because they are entering as reinforcements from my exit hex. So when the patch 1.03 comes out will it screw up my game or will I be able to install the patch and continue with my linked campaign game? Thanks.

The 1.03 UPDATE will not interfere with Linked Campaigns.

It will interfere with Dynamic Campaigns and require a restart.

Jason Petho
Col Klink

Post by Col Klink »

Thanks a lot. I saw you were online and I hoped I would get lucky and get a quick answer. I will keep my game and wait for the patch. Take care!
R.E.LEE

Post by R.E.LEE »

Hi jason id realy like 2 buy this but wont until its all up 2 snuff,ive read most of the threads but cant figure out if the game is all sorted out yet,this v103 patch is taking a while is it addon stuff or is there still probs with the game. thnx alot.I was also going to buy the battleground series but it appears to have almost no support or sales,so sad.BTW im not realy bitching im a matrix loyal customer,its just ive stopped buying games anymore till they actualy work.so any info on the campaing series would be great.
kg_1007

Post by kg_1007 »

From what I can see thus far, patches are not a sign of a bad game, they are a sign of continued support/additions. My game already works great, the only thing the patch sounds to me like it will do, is add more things on. A lot of people assume that if it is being patched, means it doesn't work. It is a great game with tremendous support, do not make that mistake. [:)]
Jason Petho

Post by Jason Petho »

ORIGINAL: R.E.LEE

Hi jason id realy like 2 buy this but wont until its all up 2 snuff,ive read most of the threads but cant figure out if the game is all sorted out yet,this v103 patch is taking a while is it addon stuff or is there still probs with the game. thnx alot.I was also going to buy the battleground series but it appears to have almost no support or sales,so sad.BTW im not realy bitching im a matrix loyal customer,its just ive stopped buying games anymore till they actualy work.so any info on the campaing series would be great.

There is one significant glitch with the system up to 1.02B TEMPORARY PATCH (horse firing loop) which has been corrected with the 1.03 UPDATE. There are a few minor glitches with the system up to 1.02B (oob issues, etc) that have also been corrected with the 1.03 UPDATE.

In addition, the 1.03 UPDATE is mostly just that, an UPDATE to the existing system. It offers a plethora of new units, significant oob additions and improvements for scenario creation and Dynamic Campaign play. It offers a number of new scenarios and few new enhancements expanding the capabilities of the Campaign Series.

The manual has been thoroughly updated to help new users and explain the new features to the veterans.

So, I guess it is best to think of the 1.03 UPDATE as an UPDATE, not a PATCH.

Hope that helps

Take care and good luck
Jason Petho
Col Klink

Post by Col Klink »

In my previous post, I said that I will keep the game. I should have said I would keep the linked campaign that I was playing and wait for the patch so I could continue it. I inadvertantly made it sound like I was mad and wanted to get rid of the entire CS or something. No way! This is the only game I play and I have owned it for many, many years. My pre-matrix version was having problems with windows xp when it came to LCDs. I couldn't even begin one. Fixing the horse problem could be the only fix I need. I hope so because I enjoy this game immensely.
LionInNC

Post by LionInNC »

I'm with Klink...this is the only game I play. However, I am a glutton for punishment and play DCG's at the corps command level. So when are we getting the patch? Keep up the good work, fellas.

Return to “John Tiller’s Campaign Series Support”