Sighting Lines

The highly anticipated second release in the Panzer Command series, featuring an updated engine and many major feature improvements. 3D Tactical turn-based WWII combat on the Eastern Front, with historical scenarios and campaigns as well as support for random generated battles and campaigns from 1941-1944.
Agrippa

Sighting Lines

Post by Agrippa »

Is there a way to limit or turn off the sighting lines? For realism sake, I don't think all the information should be available. I was also wondering what settings provide the most realistic game experiance? How do the different difficulty settings change things?
Salute,

Agrippa
Erik Rutins

RE: Sighting Lines

Post by Erik Rutins »

ORIGINAL: Agrippa
Is there a way to limit or turn off the sighting lines? For realism sake, I don't think all the information should be available. I was also wondering what settings provide the most realistic game experiance? How do the different difficulty settings change things?

Which information are you looking to limit exactly? You still will see only what your unit sees once its selected, the sighting/targeting lines just help you see what it can see and what it is shooting at.

Realism/immersion-wise, if I understand what you are aiming for, you'd want to turn Limit Infantry OFF, Verbose Messages OFF, turn off Unit Icons, limit the rubberband display to single unit only and probably play at Level 1 in terms of height. There's no way to turn off the mini-map, HUD or event list completely though as this was designed to make playing the game less "work" rather than aiming for a "total immersion" environment.

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
Bad Santa

Post by Bad Santa »

Is there a way to turn on the targeting and movement path lines for all of your units at the same time during the orders phase?  In scenarios with lots of units, it's hard to keep track of where each unit is going in relation to the others, since you have to click on each HQ unit individually to see the paths.
The cake is not a lie.
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

Yes, the "U" key toggles between showing paths for the selected Unit / Platoon / Side. Try it out - you do need to select a unit for the paths to show up though.
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

Return to “Panzer Command: Kharkov”