Frequently Asked Questions & Answers

Post bug reports and ask for support here.
Erik Rutins

Frequently Asked Questions & Answers

Post by Erik Rutins »

===== Troubleshooting:

Make sure that the following require components are installed (these are included in the installer):

Microsoft DirectX 9.0c
Managed Microsoft DirectX 9.0c .Net extension (June 2005)
Microsoft .Net 1.1

Minimum System Requirements:

Processor: Pentium III 1.2 Ghz, AMD 2200+
RAM: 256 MB (512 MB for XP, 1GB for Vista)
Video card: DirectX 9.0c compatible
64MB (Low texture quality)
128MB (Medium texture quality)
256MB (High texture quality)
Sound Card: DirectX 9.0c compatible

Recommended System Requirements:

Processor: Pentium or Athlon Multi-Core
RAM: 1GB
Video card: GeForce 6800 256MB or later
Sound card: DirectX 9.0c compatible

Also, ensure that you have the latest video and audio drivers available for your system. If you are experiencing problems with the game, please contact support@matrixgames.com or post in the Panzer Command: Kharkov forum. Please provide as much detail on your issue as soon as possible.

===== Frequently Asked Questions:

Q: I've installed the game but when I click on Play or the Quick Start shortcut, nothing happens.

A: Almost 100% of the time, this is due to two issues. The first is that you may have skipped the required .NET and DirectX installations. These are not optional, even if you already have .NET and DirectX installed. Panzer Command requires the specific versions included with the installer. The best solution is to uninstall and reinstall, making sure those installers complete successfully. The second possibility is drivers, both audio and video. If you don't have a sound card or it's disabled or inaccessible due to out of date drivers, that could prevent the game from loading. An out of date video driver can similarly cause issues, though it will rarely prevent the game from loading.

Q: Game performance is slow, how do I speed it up?

A: Chances are your processor or video card are on the low end of the performance spectrum. First, you should make sure your video drivers are up to date and then try using the configuration options at game launch to adjust the various resolution, texture and level of detail settings down until you find a combination that gives you reasonable performance. You should also try turning Shadows OFF in the in-game Options screen and making sure Limit Infantry is ON. These will both help with performance.

Q: The mouse seems to lag when I'm playing, how do I speed it up?

A: This is usually related to a system being slow overall. See the above question for suggestions on improving overall performance. We also recommend forcing Vertical Sync OFF in your video driver settings (ideally you can tell the video driver to just turn it OFF for Panzer Command) as that can help with mouse performance on a slow system.

Q: I can't find my units on the map!

A: Use the "I" key to toggle unit icons between their different states to help with unit visibility. Also, read the manual. :-)

Q: How do I get more detailed in-game messages?

A: Turn Verbose Messages ON in the in-game Options.

Q: The game freezes at "Loading Interface" when I try to play a scenario!

A: If you have your Windows Regional Settings set to something other than US English, this can cause a problem. You don't need to change your native language, but changing your Regional Settings to US English should resolve this issue.

Q: I am experiencing an issue not listed here, what do I do?

A: Please download and install the latest update, currently in beta. Information on how to download it is available here:

tm.asp?m=1776718

Q: I have a question not on this list, who do I ask about it?

A: The best place to ask is on the Matrix Games Forums. Sign up and look for the Panzer Command: Kharkov forum and you'll be in the right place. We monitor the forums regularly and many other Panzer Command players read, post and share experiences and tips there.

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
rsfajardo

RE: Frequently Asked Questions & Answers

Post by rsfajardo »

Is Panzer Command Kharkov gamepad supported? ive just bought Logitech Dual Action Controller for PC... Im havin a hard time... [&:] [&:] [&:] Thanks!!!
Anonymous

[Deleted]

Post by Anonymous »

[Deleted by Admins]

Return to “Tech Support”