Reporting bugs (post v.1.02)

Post bug reports and ask for support here.

Moderator: MOD_EIA

Monadman

RE: Reporting bugs (post v.1.02)

Post by Monadman »

ORIGINAL: Jimmer

Would that be in the entries for d27 & 28, r12 & 13, n15, and l35, by any chance?

Just testing my tool. :)

Yes Jimmer, and now you can share your tool as a public master beta instrument.
Jimmer

Post by Jimmer »

Situation:

I'm playing Turkey. At war with Russia. It's Feb, 1805. I landed a corps in Damietta in January. I then moved the fleet back to Constantinople during the Feb naval phase.

I cannot build a depot in Damietta. It says "not a valid supply chain" or something like that.

I reloaded the game and tried moving the fleet directly into Damietta. But, it only went into the blockade box.

Anyhow, if I go back to reinforcement and put the corps into the city itself, then I can build a depot. It doesn't matter, in this case, whether the fleet goes to Constantinople or Damietta; works either way.

I believe this is another flavor of the other "can't build a depot" entries, but it's slightly different in that it combines sea supply with not "owning" a city when in the rural area.

Unfortunately, I can't seem to get the zip file uploaded. Hopefully, you won't need it, as I think this is just a combination of two other bugs.
At LAST! The greatest campaign board game of all time is finally available for the PC. Can my old heart stand the strain?
Jimmer

Post by Jimmer »

ORIGINAL: Monadman
Yes Jimmer, and now you can share your tool as a public master beta instrument.
It requires Microsoft Excel (2003 or later). If that's OK, I have no problem posting it.
At LAST! The greatest campaign board game of all time is finally available for the PC. Can my old heart stand the strain?
ndrose

Post by ndrose »

Another problem evidently associated with the temp access. (I don't think this exact thing has been reported yet.)

When the temporary access ends, depots in ceded territory disappear. (In the file, Turkey has depot chain to Moscow, wins war, takes provinces, begins moving home along depot chain. When temp access ends, all the depots in formerly Russian territory disappear, even though it is now Turkish territory.)

Note this is different from the other temp access problems, which happen during the temp access period, and stop when it ends; this one is OK during temp access and causes problems just when it ends.

File starts with Turkish land phase, with depots in place. In the next diplomacy phase, temp access ends, and the depots disappear.
Attachments
depotsdisappear.zip
(219.78 KiB) Downloaded 5 times
Mardonius

Post by Mardonius »

Feudal Corps Return Problem

Not technically a bug, but a mistake in the rules according to the original in the ADG/AH version.

In the PC version, Feudal Corps can only be placed (mobilized in) on the home province's cities. This is unneeded restriction (also inaccurate), as per the AH/ADG version:

Excerpted from 10.1.3.1 Raising Feudal Corps Factors: "... the Turkish player may elect to bring any or all feudal corps up to full strength by removing them from any location... to any area in the province of their origin..." There is not restriction mentioned here or in 10.1.3.3 Returning Feudal Corps that Stand Down about the area having to be a city.

There is another issue that I would recommend adjusting. about 1/3 of the Anatolian Province was broken off to become the Smyrna province in the PC version. It would make sense to have 1 of the 3 Anatolian Corps now be Smyrna Corps.
"Crisis is the rallying cry of the tyrant" -- James Madison
"Yes, you will win most battles, but if you loose to me you will loose oh so badly that it causes me pain (chortle) just to think of it" - P. Khan
DCWhitworth

Post by DCWhitworth »

Bankruptcy Bugs

Playing Prussia I managed to get Berlin occupied by France during the economic phase (whoops) which caused me to go bankrupt due to unit maintenance (double whoops).

Three bugs have come up -

1. I had a balance of -2 money. It allowed me to give this to one of my free states.

2. When I tried to click on the 'Build Land Forces' button it said "You have no money". Shouldn't I be able to build militia ?

3. When I tried to click on the 'Build Land Forces' button for one of my free states it also said "You have no money" even though the free states have money.

Save file attached.
Attachments
jun06econ.sav.zip
(238.53 KiB) Downloaded 6 times
Regards
David
Monadman

Post by Monadman »

ORIGINAL: Mardonius

Not technically a bug, but a mistake in the rules according to the original in the ADG/AH version.

No mistake – it is another programming deviation.

Richard

Mardonius

Post by Mardonius »

ORIGINAL: Mardonius

No mistake – it is another programming deviation.

Richard

Thanks for the clarification Richard. Please note that this deviation adds about a month to the muster times of the Feudal Corps, particularly Albania, Greece, and Crimea as they are in remote locations.

best
Mardonius
"Crisis is the rallying cry of the tyrant" -- James Madison
"Yes, you will win most battles, but if you loose to me you will loose oh so badly that it causes me pain (chortle) just to think of it" - P. Khan
sw30

Post by sw30 »

Yesterday I was just noticing the casualty calculations for naval battles the first time. there seems to be some quetionable math here... 15% of 63 should be 9.

Attachments
badmath.jpg
badmath.jpg (112.29 KiB) Viewed 183 times
DCWhitworth

Post by DCWhitworth »

It's not 15% or 63, it's 15% of 51, don't forget the side with the wind gauge shoots first.
Regards
David
ndrose

Post by ndrose »

Thanks for the 1.02g patch--looks like good progress.

I notice that L34--inability to place garrisons in ceded provinces during temp access--has been fixed, and I can confirm that it is now possible to do this.

However, any garrisons so placed will immediately be repatriated in the diplomacy phase, which seems to be a consequence of the as-yet-unaddressed D30 bug. So for now, leaving garrisons on the way out is ineffective.

Nathan
Dave_T

Post by Dave_T »

When the 3 months temporary access is over garrisons in ceded provinces are repatriated. EG GB surrenders to France, Dutch (Fr) garrison in London is moved to the Welsh (Fr Ceded) capital. After 3 months this is again repatriated to Amsterdam.

As I reported before.

1.02g. Nice try.

Any timescale on when this product will actually be playable as a game?
The time has come for you to choose, you'd better get it right. Berlin girls with sharp white teeth are waiting in the night.
Grognot

Post by Grognot »

Regarding LC12, it is not necessary that it be at a capital, or that an assault occurred.  (prev build, have not tested new build)

I had a Turkish (mostly) + Ottoman (one corps) force siege Taganrog (1 Russian inf factor); they failed to break in.  By the beginning of the next Turkish land phase, the Ottoman corps was inside the city (automatically; I had not moved it) and my Turkish corps had been teleported to Sinope.   No siege battle had taken place.
--
Not a grognard.
Not an optimizer. It's a game to me, not a job.
Monadman

Post by Monadman »

ORIGINAL: ndrose

Thanks for the 1.02g patch--looks like good progress.

I notice that L34--inability to place garrisons in ceded provinces during temp access--has been fixed, and I can confirm that it is now possible to do this.

However, any garrisons so placed will immediately be repatriated in the diplomacy phase, which seems to be a consequence of the as-yet-unaddressed D30 bug. So for now, leaving garrisons on the way out is ineffective.

Nathan

Nathan,

Is this a new game (using 1.02g)? Do you have the files for the saved game if it is?

Thanks

Richard
Monadman

Post by Monadman »

ORIGINAL: Dave_T

When the 3 months temporary access is over garrisons in ceded provinces are repatriated. EG GB surrenders to France, Dutch (Fr) garrison in London is moved to the Welsh (Fr Ceded) capital. After 3 months this is again repatriated to Amsterdam.

Is this a new game (using 1.02g)? Do you have the files for the saved game if it is?

Thanks

Richard

ndrose

Post by ndrose »

Nathan,

Thanks

Richard

No, I tested an older save. I'll try it with a new game, and let you know.

Nathan
Jimmer

Post by Jimmer »

OK, this is just weird: I've got a game setup file for France, saved at version 1.02. When I load it, all eight French depots are on map (two in Lombardy, one each in Hanover, Holland, and Palatinate, and one each in the French cities of Soissons, Cherbourg, and La Rochelle. Yes, that's eight depots, folks.

So, during setup, I want to change this file and move the corps and depot from Soissons to Namur (one area away). Once I've deleted the depot, when I try to place it back on map, it claims I have no free depots.

Sure enough, if I click the "View Available Counters" button before and after, it shows "(France) Depots Left Unplaced: 0" both before AND after I remove the depot. I tried removing a couple of different depots, just to see, and yet, they all show the same symptom.

Now, I know that during the game itself, I've seen some odd issues with depots, but it's inconsistent. I've never been able to pin down whether France should have eight depots, or just seven like everybody else. Having some of them "under" corps counters makes the search difficult, so I've always assumed I was just missing one. But, now I'm not so sure any more. I think there may actually be a bug in this area. It may only have to do with the French, but I can't tell for sure. I suspect when you find the bug, you'll know whether it applies to other MPs as well or not.
Attachments
StrangeDep..guration.zip
(1.77 KiB) Downloaded 6 times
ndrose

Post by ndrose »

OK, here's a couple of savefiles from a new game started under 1.02g.

In the first file, France is at war with Spain and has three ceded provinces from a previous war. To test how the game treats different kinds of situations, I've placed garrisons in the capitals of two of these provinces, but not the third. When Spain surrenders, those two garrisons will disappear. (By the way, they're not repatriated as far as I can tell, just deleted.) That's already listed as bug D30.

In the second file, Spain has already surrendered for the second time, and France has left a garrison in Burgos (ceded from the first war) on the way home. The game now lets me do this (per correction of the L34 bug). The savefile is the economic phase, and the temp access is about to expire. When it does, the garrison in Burgos will be repatriated. (This one really is repatriated--it pops up in Bayonne.)

First file:
Attachments
garr1.zip
(261.14 KiB) Downloaded 4 times
ndrose

Post by ndrose »

Second file:
Attachments
garr2.zip
(266.29 KiB) Downloaded 5 times
ndrose

Post by ndrose »

By the way, in either of those files, you can see another minor bug: Carinthia is ceded to France, there is no access, yet the Austrian fleet is docked in Trieste. That's just so wrong....

Nathan

Return to “Tech Support”