Confused over 8.403 Stalingrad Campaign

Trade tips and tricks, workarounds maps, and graphics mods. Why certain scenarios or campaigns are favorites, or how to improve stinkers. Attach your work to share/critique.

Moderator: MOD_SPWaW

Hunpecked

Confused over 8.403 Stalingrad Campaign

Post by Hunpecked »

Way back in 2004 I was deep in the SPWAW 7.1 version of the Stalingrad Campaign. IIRC I was about to attack the Train Station when Real Life intervened, and I put the game aside.

Well, now I'd like to try the campaign again, but of course all my old files are gone. I installed the latest SPWAW version, patched it to 8.403, and played a few scenarios. Wow, it was like finding a long lost friend! [:)]

I then checked out the Stalingrad Campaign and its files, and found some things I don't remember from 7.1. In 8.403, the campaign scenarios take up slots 0 through 25, but the campaign also seems to branch into slots 26, 27, and 28, which have no corresponding files. Also, the Thunderclap battle seems to be missing. I remember looking forward to that one, so I'm pretty disappointed.

So has the campaign been revised since 7.1, or am I missing a download or two, or both?
Alby

RE: Confused over 8.403 Stalingrad Campaign

Post by Alby »

The version I edited for Enhanced uses slots 0-25
Dont know what it was like back in 7.1 as I edited the version that came with 8.2
I think there was at least one scenario in there that wasnt actually a battle, but one of those that you can choose which 'direction' or 'battle' you want to fight next.
Like in "Russian steel", where the first 'scenario' is actually just a place to choose what year you want to start in.

FlashfyreSP

Post by FlashfyreSP »

Checking the 7.1 game, and all three of those scenarios are in the campaign folder.
In 8.3, those three files are indeed missing. But the "node connects" are still in place, which directs the game to a non-existant battle. This in effect breaks the campaign.

Looks like we will need to add in Enhanced versions of those three scenarios.
ImageImage
Alby

Post by Alby »

ORIGINAL: FlashfyreSP

Checking the 7.1 game, and all three of those scenarios are in the campaign folder.
In 8.3, those three files are indeed missing. But the "node connects" are still in place, which directs the game to a non-existant battle. This in effect breaks the campaign.

Looks like we will need to add in Enhanced versions of those three scenarios.
[:(]
man, almost 2 years since I edited that for Enhanced...
We have all been asleep at the wheel...
[:'(]

Hunpecked

Post by Hunpecked »

Thanks, guys.  I thought there was something screwy, but I don't have the 7.1 campaign for comparison.

Is there someplace I can download the 7.1 Stalingrad Campaign?  I checked the Arsenal, but the link there is broken.  (That's what I get for waiting three years!)  [:)]
Alby

Post by Alby »

ORIGINAL: Hunpecked

Thanks, guys.  I thought there was something screwy, but I don't have the 7.1 campaign for comparison.

Is there someplace I can download the 7.1 Stalingrad Campaign?  I checked the Arsenal, but the link there is broken.  (That's what I get for waiting three years!)  [:)]
Kevin is in the process of adding in those missing battles.
then editing for Enhanced Version as well.
hang loose, it will be along soon.
[:)]

Return to “SP:WaW Scenarios/Campaigns”