Temp access problems

Post bug reports and ask for support here.

Moderator: MOD_EIA

Marshall Ellis

Temp access problems

Post by Marshall Ellis »

Hey guys:

Just wanted to apologize for this 1.02x fiasco (or instability). My main problem was the introduction of the temp access rule, allowing former enemy MPs 3 months to leave formerly hostile territory under their own direction. There were several holes in this code and I underestimated the effects of this change. I just wanted to drop you a note and let you know that we're trying to get another quick patch released to BETA shortly that will hopefully help close the temp access holes.

Now, back to coding...

Thank you

Marshall Ellis
Outflank Strategy War Games

DCWhitworth

RE: Temp access problems

Post by DCWhitworth »

Marshall,

I'm sure the apology is appreciated but I feel you're being a little hard on yourself. This was a beta release after all.
Regards
David
Jimmer

Post by Jimmer »

Don't beat yourself up over it. We'll survive.

Is it possible to remove the temp access stuff, and let the others come though? Not sure that's feasible, but offering it as a possibility.
At LAST! The greatest campaign board game of all time is finally available for the PC. Can my old heart stand the strain?
Marshall Ellis

Post by Marshall Ellis »

Jimmer:

I think we've closed up a lot of holes in this code and a new BETA ("G") should be posted here shortly...
Appreciate the support guys!

Thank you

Marshall Ellis
Outflank Strategy War Games

Jimmer

Post by Jimmer »

Sounds good. (And, G appears to be up now, although I haven't downloaded it yet).
At LAST! The greatest campaign board game of all time is finally available for the PC. Can my old heart stand the strain?
Thresh

Post by Thresh »

I must not be looking in the right place, where the update?

Thanks,
Todd
Dave_T

Post by Dave_T »

ORIGINAL: DCWhitworth

Marshall,

I'm sure the apology is appreciated but I feel you're being a little hard on yourself. This was a beta release after all.

Feel free to be hard on yourself. You've released a product which, at time of release, didn't work. The first patch still didn't make it work. The Beta patch is nowhere near working.

Is this sour grapes? Yes, if sour grapes is being upset at paying good money for a product that fails to do what it's supposed to.
The time has come for you to choose, you'd better get it right. Berlin girls with sharp white teeth are waiting in the night.
GZEPKA

Post by GZEPKA »

Don't be hard on yourself. A project like this is huge and incredibly hard to debug. It is one of my favorite games, but I never thought anyone would seriously try to code this. I would rather program a compiler for an computer language I do not know, much easier.

I never even seen an EIA board game with different players that did not make it to Empire in Arguments.

Return to “Tech Support”