Carriers at War Gets an Update

Carriers At War is Strategic Studies Group famed simulation of Fleet Carrier Air and Naval Operations in the Pacific from 1941 - 1945.

Moderators: alexs, Gregor_SSG

Alex Fiedler

Carriers at War Gets an Update

Post by Alex Fiedler »

A quick update with a few fixes adds to the previous 1.02 major update.

Matrix Games and Strategic Studies Group (www.ssg.com.au) are happy to announce that a new minor update is now available for Carriers at War. This quick but helpful 1.02.2 update address two issues which arose after the major 1.02 update. The 1.02 update brought a new scenario, an editor tutorial, and tons of new editor/gameplay changes too.

David Heath, Director of Operations at Matrix Games, said “The latest 1.02.2 update is riding on the tails of the fantastic 1.02 update which was recently released. With a few quick fixes to improve upon an already solid game, Carriers at War is more addicting and fun than it’s ever been!”

Carriers at War is a WWII naval combat and strategy game set in the Pacific Theatre. Putting you at the heart of WWII carrier combat, you are in charge of commanding carriers with powerful airgroups tasked with delivering a knockout blow to the enemy, while avoiding retribution at the hands of a canny foe. Although it includes land-based airpower, surface combat and invasions, Carriers at War focuses heavily on carrier fleet command strategy, which requires the player to use all of their naval prowess to best the enemy. Throughout the wide range of scenarios found in Carriers at War, history buffs and strategy fans alike will recognize and enjoy playing through famous engagements including Pearl Harbor, Midway, Coral Sea, Eastern Solomons, and more! This 2007 release is a fully modern, brand new Carriers at War, though it remains true to the incredible gameplay of the original wargame classic.

Get more information on Carriers at War from its official Matrix Games webpage. This update is comprehensive and will bring the game up to version 1.02.2.

http://www.matrixgames.com/games/downloads.asp?gid=337

mikkey

RE: Carriers at War Gets an Update

Post by mikkey »

thank you Alex!
Reid

Post by Reid »

It has almost been a year since the last update. Anything new to report or has the support ended for this game?

Thanks in advance.
Ron Belcher

Post by Ron Belcher »

hmmm... makes me wonder if C@W redux is a dead now. What does the future
hold in Davey Jones' Locker !? Argh, Matey !!! [;)]
Artwork graciously provided by Rogueusmc
=NF=Ruz Skullen

Post by =NF=Ruz Skullen »

I just got this game, so this is the latests update? I think I have this..................Did somebody mention "Panzer General?"
Auspicious Crane

Post by Auspicious Crane »

Is 1.02 2 the current version?
funkatron3000

Post by funkatron3000 »

I do believe. It's the latest version available on the Matrix CAW web page.
mikkey

Post by mikkey »

yes, 1.02.2 is the latest CaW patch
Dundradal

Post by Dundradal »

Is there no life left in this title?

Great game...actually fired up the original the other day and played some of the alt-scenarios. Great fun. Does this version have any?
"To you, we are deeply grateful, and release what little hold we might, as Durandal, have had on your soul.
Go."
- Final Terminal Message Marathon Infinity
demyansk

Post by demyansk »

I just tried the game today, brings back good memories even though I forgot how to play
bink

Post by bink »

What changes are in the 1.02 v3 Beta? Is this the latest version? It has a later date than 1.02

Thank you

Return to “Carriers At War”