thinking replacing graphic card ,whats best for game

Post bug reports, ask for tech support and general requests for help with getting Maximum-Football working in this forum. This is for official support on official versions. Reports based on public beta versions should go in the Public Beta forum.

Moderator: David Winter

DONMVP

thinking replacing graphic card ,whats best for game

Post by DONMVP »

i `ve been running it , using this card .NVIDIA GEFORCE2 MX 100/200 SAYS DAC TYPE IS Integrated RAMDAC . I like to get one that can work with all new improvements and shaders and stuff , . Any suggestions . Also our they so you can plug and play or dose it needprofesional help .
DONMVP
David Winter

RE: thinking replacing graphic card ,whats best for game

Post by David Winter »

What is the rest of the sytem like? Does it use AGP or PCI slots? Do you know what the capacity is of the power supply?

Those questions aside, I use a Geforce 8600 GT on this particular machine and the game runs exceptionally well. All major development was done on a machine with a Geforce4 TI 128. So even an older card can play the game well.

"They're not dolls. They're action figures. Valuable Action figures!"
Marauders

Post by Marauders »

GeForce 2 MX should be an AGP card.  You will need to replace it with an AGP card.

What is the wattage on the power supply, and check the side to see how many +12v amps it has.

If the power supply can handle it, a Radeon 1650 would be quick and inexpensive.  Newegg and some other places have them.

If you want an nVidia card, the 7600 in the GS or the GT are available in AGP.
DONMVP

Post by DONMVP »

I put a new poer supply in , its 350 watt, the box says dual  12 v  outletthe output chart shows.
              +5v  +12v1    +12v2    +3.3v   -12v   =5vsb
max load   20a   10A        13A        20A     0.3A     2.5A
MIN LOAD   0.5A  1.0A      1.0A       0.3A    0A        0A

I  believe it has pci slots  , because i installed a video capture card  a while back.

This is what manufactor says about it .
Performance [*]Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor at 2.4GHz[*]533 MHz front side bus[*]512K processor cache[*]512MB 333MHz DDR memory[*]Intel RAID-ready motherboard[*]60GB hard drive capacity[*]7200 RPM ATA/100 server grade hard drive [/ul] Connectivity [*]Integrated 10/100 network capability[*]6 high-speed USB 2.0 ports (2 front, 4 rear)[*]IEEE 1394 ports (1 front, 1 rear)[*]V.92 PCI 56K data/fax modem[*]1 parallel port[*]1 serial port[*]2 PS/2 ports (keyboard and mouse)[/ul] Music, movies & more [*]40x12x40 CD-RW drive[*]16X DVD-ROM drive, 48x CD-ROM[*]32MB GeForce2 MX200 graphics card[*]ADI 1981B Integrated audio card[*]Powered stereo speakers[*]Internet keyboard[*]Optical scrolling mouse[*]Microsoft Windows®XP Home[*]Microsoft Works®6.0[/ul] Details [*]2.4 GHz Intel Pentium 4 processor[*]533 MHz system bus
[*]512K Level 2 cache memory[*]Intel Full ATX RAID-ready memory system board[*]512MB DRAM (2 x 256MB) system memory, expandable to 1.0 GB[*]266MHz double data rate SDRAM, expandable to 333MHz[*]60GB Western Digital Ultra ATA/100 (7200RPM) server grade hard drive
[*]40x12x40 CD-RW Drive[*]16x DVD-ROM; 48x CD-ROM[*]3.5" 1.44 MB diskette drive[/ul] Graphics & Sound [*]32MB SDRAM video memory[*]NVIDIA GeForce2 MX200 graphics processing unit[*]ADI 1981A integrated audio (2-channel analog output)
[*]vpr Matrix 2-piece powered speakers (analog)[/ul] Expandability [*]1 (3.5"), 3 (5.25") external bays[*]2 (3.5") internal bays, upgradable to 4 (3.5")[*]1 (5.25") external expansion bay[*]3 (3.5") internal expansion bays available with purchase of Hard Drive Bracket[*]5 PCI expansion slots (4 available)[*]1 AGP expansion slot[/ul] Communication & Connectivity [*]V.92 56K data/fax modem[*]Intel 10/100 Integrated NIC network card[*]2 front, 4 rear USB 2.0 Ports
[*]1 parallel port[*]1 front, 1 rear IEEE 1394 (FireWire) ports
[*]1 serial port
[*]2 PS/2 ports (keyboard and mouse)[/ul]I hope that gives an ideal what i have

DONMVP
Bobolini

Post by Bobolini »

DonMVP, I run a 3.0 P4 and a Nvidia 512 mb 7600 GS AGP. It runs the game just fine. I don't think a PCI-E video card will work for you. Your power supply is strong enough to support this card and it's probably the best value/performance for AGP slots.
Bobolini

Post by Bobolini »

DONMVP, maybe your board does support PCI-E. With such a slow processor and low RAM I don't think you need a 8600 video card. Maybe a 6800GT would be a good choice.
DONMVP

Post by DONMVP »

Well i know whatever i get .I`d like to get one that has shading shadder or shadows so i can enjoy seeing more detail in the game . Iknow eventually probally need more ram and stuff to . Guess i should unhook the comp and open it up see what slots our inside . Be great if all i had to do is install it in a pci and that is it . I hate to pay someone to do itif its a simple thing. At this time i can handle putting ram or capture card or dvd roms and such in . But messing with bios or clicking switches on a graphic card or jumpers , sends my heart racing when i got it opened up ,wwwwwwweeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwww . lol. Just glad we got great forum here . If i did`nt know of any possible cards i could get .Be like going to buy a car . I`d want the cheap practical and dealer try and sell me a corvette. lol.
DONMVP
Marauders

Post by Marauders »

I`d like to get one that has shading shadder or shadows so i can enjoy seeing more detail in the game

You want a DirectX 9 card in AGP.
Expandability
[*]1 (3.5"), 3 (5.25") external bays
[*]2 (3.5") internal bays, upgradable to 4 (3.5")
[*]1 (5.25") external expansion bay
[*]3 (3.5") internal expansion bays available with purchase of Hard Drive Bracket
[*]5 PCI expansion slots (4 available)
[*]1 AGP expansion slot

AGP only!

Do not get PCIe card for this machine.

The 5 PCI slots are for older peripherals (modem ...). They are not the newer PCIe slots.

How much is your budget? A Radeon X1650 512MB is about $70.
DONMVP

Post by DONMVP »

Ok , thanks , guess buget is 100 to 120 , Is that good card .Dose that have the shading or shadow that david mention for the game.
DONMVP
DONMVP

Post by DONMVP »

Also Marauder , our those complicated to put in , or best to get a tech guy to do it .
DONMVP
garysorrell

Post by garysorrell »

Not complicated at all.......open the computer and you will see the open AGP slot. It will then become pretty obvious how it works. Instalkl the card, unplug your monitor from the old slot and plug it into the back of the card
DONMVP

Post by DONMVP »

thanks for that imfo garry about installing card .
DONMVP
Marauders

Post by Marauders »

Ok , thanks, guess buget is $100 to $120.

Well, there are better cards if you want to put a Franklin down. 

Is that (Radeon X1650) a good card?

Yes, it is a nice card.  It isn't a powerhouse card for late 2007 and 2008 release games.  Those cards are still more expensive, but they also are PCIe cards for the most part.  The CPU would bottleneck with some of the newer DirectX 10 cards anyway, and most require a 450w-500w power supply.

Does that have the shading or shadow that David mentions for the game?

Yes, it is a DirectX 9 card, so it has shader capability, and it does bump maps and shadows.

Also Marauders, are those complicated to put in, or best to get a tech guy to do it ?

It is one screw to uninstall the old one and one screw to install the new one.

You must delete the old driver and install new drivers - that means download the newest drivers for the card first, so they are on your harddrive ready to be installed.

It is relatively simple.
Marauders

Post by Marauders »

Either of the GeForce 7600 or Radeon X1650 cards will make your old card look like an old Apple II in comparison (not quite, but you get the idea).

I can check out a couple.  I'll have to see if your chipset handles AGP 8X as well as 4X, as some new cards won't work correctly on AGP 4X motherboards.  I can't really tell by the information provided.

If you open your case, the motherboard name should be printed on the motherboard.
garysorrell

Post by garysorrell »

I have the GeForce 7600 512m, its pci-e however. But I imagine an AGP will be smokin also.

I get upwards of 70fps in gameplay, and still around 60fps if MaxFB is in a window
DONMVP

Post by DONMVP »

I`ll open it up , probally later tonight when i get back . See what it says marauder . Thanks to you both .
DONMVP
DONMVP

Post by DONMVP »

I got this number off board INTEL DESKTOP BOARD D845PEBT2 , Hope thats want you wanted Marauders
DONMVP
Marauders

Post by Marauders »

[font=arial]
[font=arial]The Intel® Desktop Board D845PEBT2 with DDR333 support.[/font]
[font=arial][/font] 
[font=arial]Intel® 845PE Chipset.[/font]
[font=arial][/font] 
[font=arial]AGP connector supporting 1.5 V 4X AGP cards.[/font]
[/font]
[font=arial][/font] 
[font=arial]This means that any graphics card must support AGP 4X ... some only support AGP 8X.[/font]
DONMVP

Post by DONMVP »

ok so , the 2 you guys mentioned ,GEFORCE 7600 , AND RADEON X1650 , WOULD WORK .
DONMVP

Return to “Maximum-Football Support”