BobbleHeads 0.9 for maximumfootball

Questions regarding the creation of custom graphics (uniforms and stadium art).

Moderator: David Winter

micvik

BobbleHeads 0.9 for maximumfootball

Post by micvik »

I found a file at fbmax by person named bobble and it had alot of fantastic faces he created with the program facegen.I was wondering how he did it and if he still has the template he used to do it.

Recently I got this game football manager 2008 and the game uses this facegen technology and
I was thinking of taking those faces and putting them into Maximum football.
David Winter

RE: BobbleHeads 0.9 for maximumfootball

Post by David Winter »

The player faces in Maximum-Football are all done in FaceGen. It allows you to render off a face and you can apply body parts (such as the shoulders used for the game photos) in a graphics editor.

thanks
David
"They're not dolls. They're action figures. Valuable Action figures!"
micvik

Post by micvik »

David, what program do you use when making textures like this? Is becoming proficient with graphics editors completely a matter of practice or are there special techniques people use?
I have psp 7 and photoshop cs2 and I use them for car skins for a racing game I have but these are fairly easy because they use templates. Extracting these faces from the other game and putting them in maximum football seems more complicated.
micvik

Post by micvik »

I got the faces by using PrtScrn:

what techniques could I use to get this face to look like the ones in the game

Attachments
Image2.jpg
Image2.jpg (5.87 KiB) Viewed 31 times
_Bobble

Post by _Bobble »

The Bobbleheads on the FBMax site were ones that I did. I used the FaceGen demo to create a random face. Then I put that face in a template I have for the "player's picture" (the F100p files). That template has the jersey and a certain number of hair layers. Then I distorted that face with Paint Shop Pro to get the file used with the player model (F100u). The idea being that you'd see the player photo on the roster screens or whatever and that guy would have exactly that face in game.

You could do the same with faces from FM. If you're just looking for player photos, it's easy. If you want that player model to have that face in the game, then you've got to distort the face a bit to fit the player model.
BigSmooth

Post by BigSmooth »

If you add player photos, will they be distributed around if you create a league or would you have to manually assign them to a player?
_Bobble

Post by _Bobble »

It's my understanding that you have to assign them manually.

Return to “Graphics Related”