Order Payment Process Down?

Here is the place to get and give support to your fellow gamers. This is NOT an official game support conference but a place for general tech support. All questions are welcomed, basic, advanced, software or hardware.
memman

Order Payment Process Down?

Post by memman »

I'm just curious if anyone else is having a problem ordering games the last day or so. I tried to order Harpoon using the credit card purchase and Paypal function, but no luck.

I called the customer service desk, but all they could tell me is that an e-mail explaining the problem will be sent out in the next 48 hours.[:@]

I know it's not my credit card, because I immediately called the credit card company after my purchase attempts failed and they confirmed everything is fine on their end. I'm not even sure what the problem is with PayPal. Never had a problem with that service. [:D]

Looks like I'll have to try Fleet Command instead this weekend.
Erik Rutins

RE: Order Payment Process Down?

Post by Erik Rutins »

Are you saying that our store told you the problem is on the store side or are you saying the problem is on PayPal's side?
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
memman

Post by memman »

Hi Erik,

Your store did not tell me why the problem occured. They confirmed for me that they got the same results when entering my credit card information. We didn't try the PayPal method over the phone.

Now I did not confirm with the PayPal site, but I did confirm with my credit card company that no issues where occuring with my card. And since yesterday, I have purchased another game on another website using the same card.

Thanks for your response Erik. Hopefully, Matrix can sort this out.

Regards.

MEM

Edit - I tried again so I can give you the error message that is returned. - Error Number: 30024003 - 0
lonebushi

Post by lonebushi »

Please let me explain you my (resolved) situation [8D]

When I purchased TOAW via PayPal (and credit card, I'm an european certified) I contacted the support because my Paypal site gave me a "page not found" error.

12 hours later PayPal confirmed my order and my card was charged (not before, just after the order confirmation). I hop you don't have to wait 24 hours or so... [X(]

If you experiment other problems with PayPal please let me know, I'll help you as far as I know. And happily.

P.S: excuse me for my bad english. I'm italian [:'(]
Marc von Martial

Post by Marc von Martial »

It seems that PayPal itself has problems. I was trying to license stockphotography today and pay via PayPal, I also got this wierd "page not found" problem. After hitting "retry" as suggested by the PayPal site it all went okay.

So the issue seems to be clearly on the PayPal side currently.
memman

Post by memman »

Thanks Marc.  Just waiting to hear back now as to what the problem was with me charging it by credit card.

The same error is coming up, Error Number: 30024003 - 0.

I've tried two different cards on two different machines.
memman

Post by memman »

Folks,

I still have not heard back from your store regarding what the problem was with my credit card charge. Is there something that can be done on your end?

Thanks.

-MEM
memman

Post by memman »

So I called again to the customer service desk today and still they can't get my card to work. When I asked them what the problem was and how do we fix this, their response..."If their system does not accept my card, then there is nothing they can do. "

So I said, if your system is having trouble verifying the information, then how about calling out to the credit card company directly. But they are not able to make call outs.

Now while they were extremely polite, you can understand this is getting a bit frustrating. I mean I want to give you money, not take blood.:)

Am I to understand now, that if my 2 credit cards don't work, I should either acquire another one or continually fund my PayPal account?

Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

Hi Memman,

Sorry, I thought we'd worked out that it was a PayPal issue and I hadn't checked back on this thread in a couple of days.

Please e-mail me at erikr@matrixgames.com with the order number for any orders that didn't work and I'll investigate it today to find out exactly what's going on. Seems very odd that it's not accepting any of your forms of payment!

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
memman

Post by memman »

Thank you Erik.

I fired the information off to your e-mail address.

Regards.

-MEM
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

Thanks, we're investigating now.
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.
glennma

Post by glennma »

Yes....I am having the same problem as you. However, I tried 5 different credit cards. In fact, I received the same error message as you. It is also the same error message I received last July when I tried to place an online order paying by credit card.!!

Matrix is perplexed as to the problem but indicated they are working on. I (like you) was turned away by the order takers in customer service since they have no back-up system in place for taking credit card orders. Truly amazing as I was using an American Express card with no limits. I guess we just have to be patient. Hopefully, all will work out. At least you know now it just isn't you and you can rest.....LOL

Glenn
glennma

Post by glennma »

Today (Nov 2) I successfully got my credit card to be accepted online. Thank-you Erik (Matrix) for working with Digital River. I am curious, what was determined to be the problem?

Thanks again.

Glenn
memman

Post by memman »

So my vacation is over tomorrow and still no reply (or game for that matter). A good thing the people at Steam have a more reliable system. Fleetcommand isn't what I wanted, but its still a nice game.

How about you folks see if you can fix the problem before the next Harpoon game comes out.

I find this customer service exerience with you folks to be very dissapointing.
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

I worked with the store folks for two days on this and was assured they would be contacting both of you directly to make sure you got your orders placed before the end of the week. I'm extremely disappointed to hear that didn't happen. I'll be back on Monday to handle that personally.
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.
memman

Post by memman »

Hi Erik,

I see the problem still exists for me.  Both Visa and PayPal aren't working.  Did you find out what the issue was?

Thanks.

-Mike
Eastern

Post by Eastern »

Hay, I am a strategy-gamer from Belgium and I got the same problems about ordering games, I ordered 9 games on the 14/11 and got a confirmation mail back , so everything okay, now I want to check the progress of my order and it seems to be cancelled, without any message from matrix ?? What went wrong ?? not my creditcard thats for sure
memman

Post by memman »

With me, the problem is with Digital River themselves.  When their system goes to check my credentials, the error comes up.  Since neither the credit card nor the paypal account make it to the end of the payout process, my order comes up as incomplete.
redbear

Post by redbear »

I have the same problems as you no the credit card neither paypal work when it goes to check the file it comes with an error message it just write down to digital river webhelp@digitalriver.com. it give them the order number and the error number and they fix the order for me so i could pay for the product & download it.

they do not responce right away the take two or three days in some cases to responce but they do it.
memman

Post by memman »

Hi Redbear,

Thanks for the response.  I did call the customer service number and had them put the credit card in manually.  And still it did not work.  What made the experience really frustrating was to be told that Digital River did not even know why the order was failing to go through in their system.  To make matters worse, they do not even have a contingentcy system in place if something like this happens.

Return to “Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers”