BETA Update

This forum is for feedback on the public beta updates. This is not for feedback on official updates. All reports based on a public beta version should go here.

Moderator: David Winter

David Winter

BETA Update

Post by David Winter »

Hello All.

I've sent a new set of files to Matrix for assembling into an installation package. It may take two or three days to get that package to you so I ask that you please continue to be patient with the process. Matrix has 4 or 5 games working on major releases so Maximum-Football has to fit into that schedule along with the others.

I have corrected a number of the issues that were brought up this weekend including;

- The ability to have a player go in motion backwards is enabled on an US regulation field once again.

- Defensive teams can no longer be penalized for taking too long to call an audible. Now, if the play clock gets too low, the defensive audible call is aborted.

- Depth charts unable to be 'auto-filled' if the team is human controlled. The auto-fill button should only be hidden if the team is computer controlled.

- A quick sim game crashes if the depths charts were not properly filled.

- Human controlled teams must now have their depth charts properly set up prior to entering a quick sim game.

- Going offside (in arcade mode) and hitting the Centre, no longer causes the game to hang.

- Fixed an indoor kick off bug that would allow the kicking team to catch a kick bouncing off the net's in the back of the endzone to score a TD. ( This would be correct if I were duplicating the AFL but as I can't use rebound nets, this is a bug )

And a few other minor things.

Again, thanks to those that posted their findings. I hope you're continuing to enjoy the game none the less.

David
"They're not dolls. They're action figures. Valuable Action figures!"
boggyjr

RE: BETA Update

Post by boggyjr »

Yay!

Only question is, will it overwrite the game, like it did last time? I remember that after deleting the 3 basic leagues that come with the game, all 3 leagues magically reappeared after installing the R3 beta patch.

Good to see progress is being made on the game!
David Winter

Post by David Winter »

Yes, it will always overwrite files it needs to update. The three stock leagues are the game stock leagues so yes, every update will include those.
David Winter

Post by David Winter »

Hi.

Just an update on this. Matrix has sent me their installer package and I've run some tests here and it looks good (it installs properly and all the files are in the right place [:)] ). Matrix needs time to push it live and update their site information. Hopefully that won't take too long. 
rcleslie

Post by rcleslie »

I am confused regarding new patches, etc. The last version of MaxFB I downloaded was 1.3.84 on or about 11/02/06. Numerous postings suggest that there has been at least one patch made available since then. In particular I refer to several references to 1.3.120. I looked in the members section and found only one download listed for MaxFB, i.e., v1.0.139. I suspect there is something basic I am missing here. Can some one explain[&:]
Bucky

Post by Bucky »

If you have a member account, then I think in the members area under registered downloads you will find the latest beta patch (R3).

If you have not registered your Maximum Football, then you should do that first.

Is there any other area he can download this?
Marauders

Post by Marauders »

Is there any other area he can download this?

Not for the public. 

The members area is the place to go.

One must select registered downloads to get the patch.
GiantsFan

Post by GiantsFan »

Any word as to when the new patch will be available? The depth chart problems are really getting on my nerves ....Grrrrrr

Jon
rcleslie

Post by rcleslie »

I finally found my way to the correct download. Many thanks for the help folks!
simmer

Post by simmer »

Where is the new build that was updated and sent to Matrix???????

rcleslie

Post by rcleslie »

Simmer,

See Marauder's post of 12/20/06 on this thread.

Marauders

Post by Marauders »

Where is the new build that was updated and sent to Matrix?

Which new build would that be?

For the latest public beta build, the members area is the place to go.

Bucky

Post by Bucky »

ORIGINAL: Marauders

Where is the new build that was updated and sent to Matrix?

Which new build would that be?

For the latest public beta build, the members area is the place to go.

Marauders,

David sent a NEW V3 patch (after the 12/20 V3) to Matrix just before the christmas holiday to fix a Depth chart bug that made it into V3. We are waiting for matrix to upload the NEW V3 patch and a message form Matrix or David to let us know to download this new V3 patch (for a depth chart issue). A post from David Winters said he sent the NEW V3 patch to Matrix and he is waiting for Matrix to make it available. Could you please check on this??? Thanks!!!!!
Marauders

Post by Marauders »

Bucky,

I am unsure if the update he sent to Matrix at the time resolved that issue.  I know that David has spent a considerable amount of time doing work and coding for Maximum-Football over the holidays. 

A new update has been posted to the beta testing site today, and we are now going over it.  Perhaps this will resolve the depth chart issues.  I know it is a very large update, but I have not asked about specific issues or tested the depth chart issue in this build.  Tbird and Tullius usually check that stuff out, so I expect them to post about it when they are able.

I will say that this update looks to have many fixes and updates, and David has stated that he would like to get this one out to the public beta board quickly.

- Marauders
Bucky

Post by Bucky »

Thanks for your reply Marauders!!!!!!!!
Lucas718

Post by Lucas718 »

David's first post in this thread (12/11/2006) indicates that the depth chart issue was fixed in the build he sent to Matrix. On 12/13 he posted stating that Matrix had sent him the installer to test and that all that was left was for Matrix to post the update on the site. That was 3 weeks ago and this update has still not been posted. The latest in the registered downloads section is the 1.3.120 update dated 12/8/2005.

So I guess what we're all wondering is what happened to this update that was ready 3 weeks ago and for some reason still hasn't been made available for download? Can somebody check on that?
David Winter

Post by David Winter »

Hi.

First, my apologies for these continual delays in getting new builds to the public.

Yes, there was a build sent to Matrix before the Christmas break. It was 1.3.122 and it did correct a number of problems, including the draft/autofill problem introduced with 1.3.120. Unfortunately, the work schedule for Matrix combined with the Christmas break delayed the release to the public.

That said I was able to take advantage of the break and the build provided to the private testers today includes a wide number of fixes, improvements, and new features. The build is 1.3.139

I've requested that Matrix post this publicly as soon as they can even though the private testers have only had the build for 3 or 4 hours now. While I do prefer to have the private testers have a much longer look before posting to the public, the delay between public builds has been too long. What that means is that you'll get it faster, but no one will have had a good chance to go over the new build prior to you seeing it.

Once the build is available for the public, I will let everyone know.

I hope now that the holidays are over public builds will come at a faster pace.

Thanks for your continued support.
David A. Winter
timtellean1

Post by timtellean1 »

Very cool David. Greatly appreciated and public input should really help. Thanks for all your continued work the game has come a long way.
elmerlee

Post by elmerlee »

Doing nice things David but you and buyers are now getting the "Matrix".
nmleague

Post by nmleague »

After a day of testing the latest build, I think I can say eveyone will really like the fixes, but more importantly there are several new features/upgrades that were on many wish lists.  Didnt expect these do make into the game at this time, and they are very welcome and working great.

Return to “Public Beta Forum”