Big Campaign PBEM

The development team behind the award-winning games Decisive Campaigns: From Warsaw To Paris and Advanced Tactics is back with a new and improved game engine that focuses on the decisive year and theater of World War II! Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue simulates the German drive to Stalingrad and into the Caucasus of the summer of 1942, as well as its May preludes (2nd Kharkov offensive, Operation Trappenjagd) and also the Soviet winter counter-offensive (Operation Uranus) that ended with the encirclement of 6th Army in Stalingrad and the destruction of the axis minor armies. With many improvements including the PBEM++ system, this is a release to watch for wargamers!

Moderator: Vic

fluidwill

Big Campaign PBEM

Post by fluidwill »

Please excuse me if I'm being dense but how do you play the full long campaign PBEM? I have a willing victim/opponent [:'(]
DeriKuk

RE: Big Campaign PBEM

Post by DeriKuk »

You get down to playing it. I've done it twice. If you are serious about it, you create a bunch of spreadsheets to try to keep control of everything. It takes a while, but with one turn per day you should get through it - or if the players are roughly equal, to the inevitable draw. Be sure you have a dedicated opponent. This campaign requires grit and concentration.
fluidwill

Post by fluidwill »

Ha! Thanks for that sir but embaressingly what I actually meant was its not listed as an option on the PBEM screen so one presumably one has to "load" the scenario but there doesn't seem to anything helpfully labelled "Full Campaign" or similar. So yeah, how do you even start this monster?
fluidwill

Post by fluidwill »

OK, duh it is as simple as starting the scen and changing the AI player to human.....
ernieschwitz

Post by ernieschwitz »

You only learn by making mistakes :)
Creator of High Quality Scenarios for:
  • Advanced Tactics Gold
    DC: Warsaw to Paris
    DC: Community Project.
Try this Global WW2 Scenario: https://www.vrdesigns.net/scenario.php?nr=280

Return to “Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue”