AA vs. Ground Support Planes

Please post any bugs or technical issues found here for official support.

Moderator: Joel Billings

Naftung

AA vs. Ground Support Planes

Post by Naftung »

Hello, I am currently working my way on the first turn of the 41 Campaign playing as the Germans. My motorised units are near Minsk (without my airsupport) and when they attack Soviet units in the area they get attacked and badly damaged by the enemy Ground Support.

I didn't like it very much so I loaded my save and attached some Flak units to prevent some damage but it doesn't seem to help. Even with 3 Light Flak units (2 of them SP) the Soviet planes only suffer Ops losses. The after battle report shows only AA units from adjacent division not the AA in the target hex.

To my understanding, the AA guns should fire before the Air to Ground Attack so they should be able to cause at least some damage and disruption before being distrupted themself.
The AA guns are only 20 mm but since the Ground Support is being conducted by TacB the attack altitude should be 1000 feets according to the manual.

Thanks for looking into the issue.

Attachments
AAvsGroundSupport.png
AAvsGroundSupport.png (559.28 KiB) Viewed 62 times
Naftung

RE: AA vs. Ground Support Planes

Post by Naftung »

Here is the save just before the attacks in this area. The best way to reproduce this would be to attack with the 18th Motorised Division near Minsk the nearby Infantry Division or the Fortified Regions and the Soviet Ground Support should trigger (it doesn't trigger always).
Attachments
AAvsGrou..ortSave.zip
(1.89 MiB) Downloaded 6 times
Joel Billings

Post by Joel Billings »

Thanks for the report. Will get it on our list to look into. Running the battle several times, sometimes I see a lot of small arms units listed as flak, and sometimes nothing. Not sure why the big flak isn't coming in. Could be because it is looking at the path to the defenders target hex and only units in that hex or in hexes with unis flown over will actually fire (which might prevent the attacking flak from being involved). Thanks again for the save.
All understanding comes after the fact.
-- Soren Kierkegaard
Naftung

Post by Naftung »

It's my pleasure to help. Thanks for the game!

Return to “Tech Support”