Pbem++ End of match oddity

Strategic Command is back, and this time it is bringing you the Great War!

Moderator: MOD_Strategic_Command_3

OldCrowBalthazor

Pbem++ End of match oddity

Post by OldCrowBalthazor »

I just won an epic and hardcore match vs Tanaka.

At the end of my turn..I got notice of Germanys Surrender. However, there seems to be a change in that I can't get a final review of the map and reports of both sides as is usual.

Also..it doesn't seem like the game is actually active for Tanaka to at least see my turn in his replay. (I had to storm Metz with enormous casualties to basically coup the NM points to get Germany to 1% NM. His German army has been basically undefeated throughout the whole War except for small sectors here or there.)

When I reopened the pbem screen..it shows the match as complete (in grey) with a victory...and doesn't even show vs Tanaka.

Was wondering if this is a new feature or what?

Sidenote: I have read somewhere that there was a proposal for both sides to be able to review the map and reports. If this was ever implemented that would be great because the loser of a match might be able to suss out why he loss, why the other won, and how he/she may be able to improve some stratagem or research policy in a future match.

regards, Old Crow

My YouTube Channel: Balthazor's Strategic Arcana
https://www.youtube.com/c/BalthazorsStrategicArcana

SC-ACW Beta Tester
1904 Imperial Sunrise Tester
SC-WW1 Empires in Turmoil DLC Tester
Tester of various SC Mods
Tanaka

RE: Pbem++ End of match oddity

Post by Tanaka »

ORIGINAL: OldCrowBalthazor

I just won an epic and hardcore match vs Tanaka.

At the end of my turn..I got notice of Germanys Surrender. However, there seems to be a change in that I can't get a final review of the map and reports of both sides as is usual.

Also..it doesn't seem like the game is actually active for Tanaka to at least see my turn in his replay. (I had to storm Metz with enormous casualties to basically coup the NM points to get Germany to 1% NM. His German army has been basically undefeated throughout the whole War except for small sectors here or there.)

When I reopened the pbem screen..it shows the match as complete (in grey) with a victory...and doesn't even show vs Tanaka.

Was wondering if this is a new feature or what?

Sidenote: I have read somewhere that there was a proposal for both sides to be able to review the map and reports. If this was ever implemented that would be great because the loser of a match might be able to suss out why he loss, why the other won, and how he/she may be able to improve some stratagem or research policy in a future match.

regards, Old Crow

So when I ran my turn after you it was weird. I got to watch the whole battle with no FOW. I could see everything on the entire map! Something definitely seems off!
OldCrowBalthazor

Hmmm...its some kind of Slitherine server issue...I don't have access to the end game reports..which is a damn shame since I was going to write a summary of our match concerning the new patch and the artillery chit nerf..(which works well). I do have my notes though.

Also, I just found out Taffjones had the same problem with two game end turns in a WaW mirror match with Fafnir...and its giving the victory to Taffjones instead of the correct (and only outcome possible haha) of a Fafnir win.

Oh well...I can still write a summary of the benefit of the latest patch regarding the Artillery chit nerf...and advocate for a 1 chit nerf for Shell research, based on our epic game....but that's another thread to start in the future I guess.

SC-ACW Beta Tester
Bavre

Post by Bavre »

Some thing here. Challenge ID is 9470 if someone wants to look it up. Game ended with a (mutually agreed) surrender and now sits in the grey completed list with the opponents name gone [&:]. Has not happened to any other (even later) games however.
BillRunacre

Post by BillRunacre »

ORIGINAL: Tanaka

So when I ran my turn after you it was weird. I got to watch the whole battle with no FOW. I could see everything on the entire map! Something definitely seems off!

That would be correct as once the game has ended fog of war should be lifted so you can watch everything in that way.
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/FurySoftware

We're also on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/FurySoftware/
OldCrowBalthazor

Well..it worked on Tanaka's end, but not mine. No matter though. Its a server issue...and s$#% happens occasionally. [8D]

SC-ACW Beta Tester
Tanaka

Post by Tanaka »

ORIGINAL: BillRunacre

ORIGINAL: Tanaka

That would be correct as once the game has ended fog of war should be lifted so you can watch everything in that way.

Ah nice it is working then! Thanks for adjusting for both!
Hubert Cater

Post by Hubert Cater »

There looks to be a server issue from one of the recent changes on the backend. It could be that the issue is server only, or that there needs to be a change with the game to possibly handle some of the server changes if intended.

We'll sort this out as soon as we can and sorry for the inconvenience in the mean time.

Hubert

Return to “Strategic Command: World War I”