Farming

A military-oriented and sci-fi wargame, set on procedural planets with customizable factions and endless choices.

Moderator: Vic

stenner

Farming

Post by stenner »

So I was playing a game on beta 8, and one of my farm asset types (the xeno one) said I could farm without water.
It didn't "say it" it was just that 1k water was not a requirement. and I've been trying to reroll the same world type to have an easy time supporting a big army (easi-ER, I'm a noob).

Did I find a bug or is there some rainfall / temp setting where xeno farms don't need water?

Thanks in advance
Twotribes

RE: Farming

Post by Twotribes »

actually did you build it next to a sea or lake?
Favoritism is alive and well here.
stenner

Post by stenner »

I do not, remember. Does that make no-water-required farming? I've been rerolling planets with all none and good nutrition and forests, and couldn't replicate it. I never thought I could /interact/ with water tiles.
(edit: I deleted everything to move up to Beta 9, so I have nothing, but I'm certain that was the case, just a maintenance of people for food)
Atomikkrab

Post by Atomikkrab »

It is because the xeno life on that planet does not use water as a solvent (ie to run biological operations.) therefore they don't need water to be raised, thus no water cost.

Return to “Shadow Empire”