Still working on update

Frank Hunter's Campaigns on the Danube is an operational study of the campaigns along the Danube in 1805 and 1809. Campaigns on the Danube's system focuses on trying to present the player with the same sort of decisions placed on their historical counterparts; how to feed an army and move that army according to a plan, all the while trying to fight a campaign. There is also an option to allow players to play out the battles with miniatures and input the results.
FrankHunter

Still working on update

Post by FrankHunter »

My apologies for taking so long to put this together. I've had a lot of issues trying to get the balance working to my satisfaction between all the various factors including command stress/fatigue/morale/stragglers.

I have that area working now but I'm testing it still. I also have a short list of other things to look at when this part is done.

There's been quite a few small changes, mainly under the hood but still noticeable.

Some things that are done are :

a) I think all bug fixes mentioned on the forum
b) Changed march urgency so that divisions will tend to move more equally but will automatically take rest days based on the urgency. So urgency differences affect rest times, and not so much actual speed when moving.
c) Redid much of the Morale/Fatigue/Stragglers/Stress system to make it more historical
d) Moved all in-game text to external files to allow the game to be played in other languages
e) Adding and subtracting divisions from a corps now affect the Admin rating of the corps commander
f) Added randomized leader ratings as a start up option
g) Redid AI for supply system to better anticipate needs. The AI benefits from this the most.

Thank you for your patience!

Rasputitsa

RE: Still working on update

Post by Rasputitsa »

Thank you Frank, much appreciated. [&o]
"In politics stupidity is not a handicap" - Napoleon

“A people which is able to say everything becomes able to do everything” - Napoleon

“Among those who dislike oppression are many who like to oppress" - Napoleon
altipueri

Post by altipueri »

Hooray
I was beginning to lose hope. Thanks for the update.
FrankHunter

Post by FrankHunter »

Oh, and the combat system has been modified so that a side might abandon the battle earlier if things really start going south.
Tejszd

Post by Tejszd »

Sounds great, looking forward to the updates release....
Biondo

Post by Biondo »

I'm a happy man :)

Thanks for your continuous effort on this game[&o]
Asid2

Post by Asid2 »

Thank you for the continued support Frank.

Regards
[center]War in Pieces

www.DogsofWarVu.com[/center]
npsergio

Post by npsergio »

Great!
Yogi the Great

Post by Yogi the Great »

Hooked Since AH Gettysburg
Technopiper

Post by Technopiper »

ORIGINAL: FrankHunter

My apologies for taking so long to put this together. I've had a lot of issues trying to get the balance working to my satisfaction between all the various factors including command stress/fatigue/morale/stragglers.
No worry, Frank. Please don't feel the need to hurry and just take your time to get it right. I don't speak for everyone here but I don't see eye to eye with the current age-of-instant-updates. I don't need a continuous status report for something that I am interested in. It will be ready when it is ready. I understand and respect the quiet, we all need periods of silence.
Alan Sharif

Post by Alan Sharif »

Excellent news. Thank you.
A Sharif

Return to “Campaigns on the Danube 1805 - 1809”