Basic Question

Eagle Day to Bombing of the Reich is a improved and enhanced edition of Talonsoft's older Battle of Britain and Bombing the Reich. This updated version represents the best simulation of the air war over Britain and the strategic bombing campaign over Europe that has ever been made.

Moderators: Joel Billings, simovitch, harley, warshipbuilder

Damascus

Basic Question

Post by Damascus »

If any of you are old enough to remember USAAF, is this a fancier version with more bells and whistles, updated for modern times?
Orm

RE: Basic Question

Post by Orm »

ORIGINAL: Damascus

If any of you are old enough to remember USAAF, is this a fancier version with more bells and whistles, updated for modern times?
Yes. Although this program is getting quite old in itself.

Edit: 11 years old if I got it right.
Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett
joey

RE: Basic Question

Post by joey »

Yes I can remember USAAF. I remember buying it the Christmas it came out in the mid 80s. I spent hours, days, months, years playing it. It was my goal to get those ME262s. Once I got them, the game changed so much.
This game is a combination of a more updated version of USAAF, and another game the Battle of Britain. Yes it is a more up-to-date version, but even it is getting a little long in the tooth.
Nevertheless, it is supported. A new patch came out just a few days ago. So I guess, all in all, I have been playing this since my 20s to my 60s!

Return to “Gary Grigsby's Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich”