[Logged] Torpedoes

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_Command

Flankerk

[Logged] Torpedoes

Post by Flankerk »

Anyone know if there is a known issue with Torpedo damage at present?
Sorry for the vague posting, I can narrow it down more if it needs a bug report, but noticing it anecdotally with my admittedly Steam version.
Put six torpedoes into a Midway class carrier earlier and did half damage and no sinking hours later. This was with the South Korean shark type torpedoes.
Noticed it with others recently though. If its being addressed then not an issue [:)]

"Alas poor Yorick,I knew him Horatio"

#1 Quote of the Harpoon Community.
thewood1

RE: Torpedoes

Post by thewood1 »

"FIXED: #14003 - Torpedoes not working in B1147.6"

Not sure if this is related from the 1447.7 beta build above.
Kushan04

Post by Kushan04 »

I think it should go without saying that when discussing any potential bugs to be as specific as you can...
UncertainlyCertain

Post by UncertainlyCertain »

To thewood1. I believe the fix was for the torpedo seekers not working/locking on target.

I believe Flankerk means that the torpedoes don't inflict adeguate damage, tough on my side I have not incurred in such problem. I played a couple of scenarios featuring frigates (we are talking about ships with no more than 4000t displacement) and they all went down, or were crippled, with one heavyweight torpedo. Currently running build 1147.7.

It should be noted tough that Flankerk tested the torps against a pretty large carrier built to withstand torpedoes and, by the way, should also have an armor belt. So, while it "eating" six or more torps is eyebrow raising it's not impossible.

Just my 2 cents
Flankerk

Post by Flankerk »

Well, I've done some testing and not sure if I am helping!

I'm using Steam so to be fair the version is 1147.4

Fired 4 ADCAP from a Los Angeles into a Kusnetsov. The damage looks OK, roughly 20% per torpedo hit. However it didn't sink and very quickly the report came "All leaks sealed".

Looking at the four hits, the last came at 12.04.27 with the All leaks sealed message coming at 12.08.49.

My guess is, it's possible that I am being unlucky, but its possible that flooding damage isn't taking place over time.

I could have lost my damage over time spell :)

Flankerk

Post by Flankerk »

Well I'm going with that there is an issue as far as I can see.

I've tried a 1987 date Nimitz Class vs a 1987 Los Angeles class.

In the end I fired ten Mark 48 model 4 torpedoes into the Nimitz.

On the tenth hit the Nimitz sank which probably raises a slight concern. However the oddity was again flooding. On the first seven hits there was no flooding caused whatsoever. On the eight hit flooding was caused which whilst serious (it did a further 10% or so of the total damage) was not enough to sink the Nimitz and all were stopped after a time.

I assume flooding isn't triggering on the torpedo hits until a certain threshold is reached?

Rory Noonan

Post by Rory Noonan »

Logged for investigation.

Geoffropi

Post by Geoffropi »

Hi,

Apparently, the database has been updated in this area since, and the blue shark torpedoes you have used against a carrier are no longer anti-surface capable. These are anti-sub light torpedoes with a warhead of around 45kg.
Comparatively, the Mark 48 (ADCAP) you have used later has a 290 kg warhead, which is another kind of suppository, so I am not surprised by the discrepancy.

I tried to reproduce the issue with flooding, but the damage + flooding ratio looks consistent, and the ship doesn't seal at a magical rate.
I think both issues got patched since.

Return to “Tech Support”