[1.04b2] Pull Logistics Feedback

Moderator: Vic

Malevolence

[1.04b2] Pull Logistics Feedback

Post by Malevolence »

As reported elsewhere, I started a new game and have been using the new pull logistics changes in 1.04b2.

I wasn't in love with the old system. I like logistics being important and requiring management.

I didn't think the original traffic light system was a great system.

That said, I find the 1.04b2 logistics changes uninspired and pedestrian. They are dull.

Changes made management simpler and you can focus on just pushing wargame counters now, but it's unfortunate the change didn't add anything to the gameplay.

If you have the mind of technician, I suppose that's what you wanted. Better switches. I think you got better switches.

That said, as a strategy-focused player, I have no new strategies to develop for victory. No new strengths or weaknesses to exploit or to counter. There are no new dimensions to the game.

I think it could have been great, but instead it was uninspired.

I also wonder if a new player--who has never seen this game before--sees logistics and its play as simple and transparent now.

I would guess a new player would be more confused by the options, not less confused.
Nicht kleckern, sondern klotzen!

*Please remember all posts are made by a malevolent, autocratic despot whose rule is marked by unjust severity and arbitrary behavior. Your experiences may vary.
Malevolence

RE: [1.04b2] Pull Logistics Feedback

Post by Malevolence »

In keeping with the spirit of this discussion: Traffic Sign Working Intermittently

I strongly recommend separating traffic signs from pull logistics.

Among other issues, under the current design, with respect to pull logistics, the behavior of a 100% traffic sign and all other signs is different.

Separate these concerns and mitigate the ambiguity.

Traffic signs should have no impact on these prioritized, pulled LP's automatically using the shortest path to their destination.
Nicht kleckern, sondern klotzen!

*Please remember all posts are made by a malevolent, autocratic despot whose rule is marked by unjust severity and arbitrary behavior. Your experiences may vary.
Gozzon

RE: [1.04b2] Pull Logistics Feedback

Post by Gozzon »

Kind of interested what would you have wanted from the pull mechanism? What kind of strategical changes and such you would want from the logistical system? What kind of dimensions?

Haven't played with them yet so have no idea how they work.

Return to “Suggestions and Feedback”