Attacking

3D version of Close Combat
wodin

Attacking

Post by wodin »

Anyone else finding it very difficult to attack?

Trying to counter attack in the Sidi campaign is so difficult. Worse if it's a meeting engagement the enemy has most of the map from the start.

This means I pick defend every time now which means refighting the same map from start potions every time.
SteveMcClaire

RE: Attacking

Post by SteveMcClaire »

Sbiba counter-attack is a high difficulty battle. It's a challenge/bonus map for those who do really well on Sbiba Ridge, which is already difficult itself.

giffin

Post by giffin »

ORIGINAL: wodin

Anyone else finding it very difficult to attack?

Trying to counter attack in the Sidi campaign is so difficult. Worse if it's a meeting engagement the enemy has most of the map from the start.

This means I pick defend every time now which means refighting the same map from start potions every time.

Yes I gave up trying to attack on most of the maps as I always get slaughtered. I find it better to just defend and dig in. AI will kill me ever time on offense.
pfg1701

Post by pfg1701 »

I think the problem in the Sbiba campaign game is that, whoever is inside the game program giving orders, thinks it’s a good idea to counterattack with unsupported infantry against Panzers and armored cars in basically open terrain. Whoever it is, he needs to be relieved of command. If these were real soldiers, I think the best idea would be to dig-in and wait for this guy to get transferred.
wodin

Post by wodin »

Also I don't see why at a meeting engagement the Germans(enemy) have most of the map. Surely it should be half/half for a meeting engagement? Otherwise it's just the same as if you are attacking only. Same start position.

Return to “Close Combat – The Bloody First”