Several Bugs

3D version of Close Combat
Hardcoder

Several Bugs

Post by Hardcoder »

Hi, i really like the game, it is my first of this kind.
Since yesterday i encountered several bugs, the following list is what i can remember:

- When naming a save game, the cursor moves very weird, pressing backspace deletes a character and moves the curser in front of the last character.
Typing anywhere inputs the pressed char and moves the cursor to the end.

- After a battle i once had empty unit names and corrupted soldier images, see attached image.

- During a battle one of my anti tank units was destroyed, at least i think it was.
It looked somewhat normal as all soldiers seemed alive, but the icon permanently toggled between "aiming" and "spotted an enemy", any order was confirmed with a completion message.

- My units that were ambushing before the start were spotted as soon as an enemy was in sight, but according to the handbook they should be camouflaged and be harder to spot.
Due to this, an actual ambush was impossible.

- When i move a unit while holding ctrl, when i release the mouse button, the visibility changes a bit. As if they are being dropped a few pixels off.

- With german translations several texts are too large an get wrapped around, making them very hard to read.
This i saw in a stream, i play in english.

- tanks and units move through walls

I don't know if this can be considered a bug, but the morale system seems completely exaggerated, a soldier wont lose his mind 30 seconds after a battle begins; after some hours i changed it to fearless to keep my own sanity.
Attachments
BugUnits.jpg
BugUnits.jpg (137.26 KiB) Viewed 143 times
SteveMcClaire

RE: Several Bugs

Post by SteveMcClaire »

Thanks for your feedback Hardcoder.

There is a bug that I'm currently investigating that causes the soldier screen state you saw. Saving or loading a game during battle can cause it. I am working on fixing this ASAP.

Ambush will make your units harder to spot but they also need some cover to hide in/behind and range if a factor. Tanks and AT guns need to be some distance from the enemy and/or behind trees or bushes or they'll still probably be spotted.

The German text issue should be improved in the hotfix update put out Friday.

Tanks can knock down low walls and fences, leaving rubble. Infantry can go over them though the animation for this is a slightly slower movement. If there are gaps in tall walls or buildings where units can move through it's a terrain coding issue with the map and/or objects on the map. If you can send a screenshot if you see this happen that would be helpful.

Hardcoder

Post by Hardcoder »

Found/captured some more.

Soldiers inside wall.

Attachments
Soldiersl..inwall.jpg
Soldiersl..inwall.jpg (51.98 KiB) Viewed 130 times
Hardcoder

Post by Hardcoder »

I cant post more images, i only get the error message
"You are not allowed to post links, emails or phone numbers for 7 days from the date of your tenth post."

This sentence doesn't make much sense to me.
Neither did i post any of the mentioned, nor am i at my 10th post yet.
Hardcoder

Post by Hardcoder »

I have images of
- an anti tank gun inside a wall
- a navigation route through a wall
- a Victory location not captured, although 5 Soldiers standing in it and one enemy soldier. Dunno why he is still alive, i need to punish these 5 lazy guys.

After the battle where i did not capture that point, i saw that i got another location instead, where i've never been due to high enemy appearance.

And a video where i was not able to stack an order.
The squad was close to the first location, with another stacked on top, pressing shift only let me stack the next order after the first, not the second/last.
hewwo

Post by hewwo »

I also experienced a bug where one of my tanks suddenly was outside of the map boundary, and then it refused to move. Sad day for my sherman, it never got off a shot.
Hardcoder

Post by Hardcoder »

And another one.
When i load a game, where i did not yet start the battle, i can see all enemies in the dark areas.
Hardcoder

Post by Hardcoder »

Just tried to relocate an AT gun, but i wasnt given the option.
All men were healthy, the ground was level and i wanted to move it just a few meters to the right.
GrdAdmiral

Post by GrdAdmiral »

There is also a bug with hidden AI infantry not spotted will show as floating rifles just flying around the screen.
Hardcoder

Post by Hardcoder »

Right, i saw that too, at least after they left my visible area.
Hardcoder

Post by Hardcoder »

I had an enemy anti tank gun firing at my troops without vision.
At least i suppose they have to see me, and when they see me i can see them, right?

Sometimes i cannot stack orders.
I wanted the squad to fire after reaching their destination, but the game always referenced their current position.

Kind of similar to that, a squad was moving but i wanted them to shoot right away at the enemy, as they came closer.
In preview, the line was drawn to a point on a dune where the LOS broke from their target location and continued in red from there to the enemies, after clicking it was correct.

And i had what looked like one shot ricocheting through 4 of my soldiers, which where injured simultaneously.
Hardcoder

Post by Hardcoder »

I have an image of a very fancy navigation path, going 50m right around my vehicle and back for the target location 4m away.
But i still cannot upload any more images.

Return to “Close Combat – The Bloody First”