Alternative History Scenario

Post new scenarios and mods here to share with other gamers.

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21, bcgames

kahta

Alternative History Scenario

Post by kahta »

Long-time lurker here. I have made a few derivatives of this scenario on my own and I figured it might be fun to try collaborating and make one for the community.

The date is July 5th, 1943.

Following the near-complete destruction of the Western Allied forces in failed efforts of Operation Torch, Germany and the Western Allies signed a white peace on June 30th, 1943. The United States and Great Britain were permitted to continue supplying lend-lease supplies to the Soviet Union and Germany agreed to end naval interdiction on ships supplying the Soviets under one condition: Germany would be permitted to buy raw materials desperately needed from the Western Allies under a cash and carry agreement. The naval war was effectively over and the fate of Europe would now solely be decided on the Eastern Front.

What to expect:

Soviet Union:
More aggressive attack stance (AI changed to level 4)
Higher quality lend-lease supplies to the Soviet Union, including the P-51, B-17, and others.
More numerous WA equipment (trucks, tanks, etc.) supplied through lend-lease

Germany:
100% of production to Eastern Front
Higher production levels to account for the lack of Allied bombing range/intervention, greater access to raw materials
Technology advancements deployed sooner, with higher levels of reliability to account for a shift of focus to victory on the Eastern Front
All Western Forces redeployed to the Eastern Front (I will use War in the West OOBs as a basis for this)

What do you guys think? I want to try to keep it semi-balanced so that a skilled player could still win when playing on either side.

Is it realistic or historically accurate? eh. Probably not. But it might be fun to play.

spotlight7

RE: Alternative History Scenario

Post by spotlight7 »

Another long time lurker. My first post :)

Unless nukes were used, the failure of Torch was

unlikely. The Allies held control of the air

and sea. They also had superior numbers.

Even if Torch failed, the Allies would stay in the war.

Europe was occupied so German forces would still remain.

Granted a number of mobile units could be moved east.

I believe that the Russians still win. With the changed

conditions, it would be a slower and very costly victory.

It does appear to be an interesting scenario.

Return to “Scenario Design and Modding”