Interdiction

Fury Games has now signed with Matrix Games, and we are working together on the next Strategic Command. Will use the Slitherine PBEM++ server for asynchronous multi-player.

Moderators: MOD_Strategic_Command_3, Fury Software

canuckgamer

Interdiction

Post by canuckgamer »

I just completed my second campaign game and I think it is too easy to contain an invasion by using operational movement. Historically the Allies disrupted the rail lines in to Normandy for months prior to D-Day plus the Germans had a tough time bringing up reinforcements on roads as well since the Allies had total air superiority. It was a key factor in the success of Overlord.
How about some sort of interdiction bombing of railroads and or units using operational movement?
Sugar

RE: Interdiction

Post by Sugar »

You can prevent operational movement by strat. bombing cities and towns along the railway lines. Operational movement requires 5 supply.
Gilber

Post by Gilber »

ORIGINAL: canuckgamer

I just completed my second campaign game and I think it is too easy to contain an invasion by using operational movement. Historically the Allies disrupted the rail lines in to Normandy for months prior to D-Day plus the Germans had a tough time bringing up reinforcements on roads as well since the Allies had total air superiority. It was a key factor in the success of Overlord.
How about some sort of interdiction bombing of railroads and or units using operational movement?
I fully agree that the operational movement poses problems of realism. in 1944 the player of the axis can very well move in 1 turn a very large quantity of unit from one front to the other which is very far from the historical reality. I think that to be closer to reality it would be necessary to limit the number of units that can be moved in one turn.
Gilles
BillRunacre

Post by BillRunacre »

Before I invade I would do as Sugar suggests and ensure that there is a ring of badly bombed towns and cities around where you want to invade, so that even if the Germans operate units to the west when you invade, they cannot operate to the region where you are landing. Instead they will have to operate to somewhere outside that region, and then either march or forced march to the battlefield.

This takes time and means they will likely arrive in a more piecemeal and (especially if they force march) at less than peak morale when they enter combat.
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/FurySoftware

We're also on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/FurySoftware/

Return to “Strategic Command WWII War in Europe”