Three-player email game?

Warplan is a World War 2 simulation engine. It is a balance of realism and playability incorporating the best from 50 years of World War 2 board wargaming.

Moderator: AlvaroSousa

sol_invictus

Three-player email game?

Post by sol_invictus »

I am wondering if it will be possible for three or more players to play Warplan through pbem? Also, since I am very confident that Warplan will succeed and justify a Pacific Theatre expansion/new title, I want to request early that fuzzypup give serious consideration to making an early pre-war 1937 scenario that starts with the Japanese invasion of China. The wait for release is killing me!
"The fruit of too much liberty is slavery", Cicero
juntoalmar

RE: Three-player email game?

Post by juntoalmar »

I can't agree more with all you said (and suggest myself as one of the other two players for the game [;)] )
(my humble blog about wargames, in spanish) http://cabezadepuente.blogspot.com.es/
sol_invictus

Post by sol_invictus »

Yeah if this game isn't released within two months I fear for my mental health!

Just read on the Slitherine site that it is 1-2 players. Doesn't dampen my enthusiasm at all!
juntoalmar

Post by juntoalmar »

I asked that question a few weeks ago and (if I remember correctly) the developer answered that more than 2 players will be allowed to play by PBEM.

Although a Pacific Theatre would rock, I would love to see a Global War one. Keeping the balance between the two theatres is one of the most interesting parts of playing as the CW or USA.
(my humble blog about wargames, in spanish) http://cabezadepuente.blogspot.com.es/
Fred98

Post by Fred98 »

It would only work if the 3 sides were:
Aliies
Axis
Russia.

And even then the Russians and the Allies need to have separate conditions. Do we know if that is the case?
sol_invictus

Post by sol_invictus »

I don't know how it would be possible to have three players when using the Slitherine servers to exchange turns. As far as I can tell there is only an Allied victory or defeat. No separate victory or defeat for Western Allies and Soviets.

Return to “WarPlan”