1939 Storm over Europe

Strategic Command World War I: The Great War provides you with the opportunity to re-write history in a war that changed not only the destiny of Europe but of the whole world.
Edorf

1939 Storm over Europe

Post by Edorf »

Hi

I just got SCWW1 and expected that the WW2 scenario 1939 SoE was included as it was on the old Battlefront version. For some reason it`s not and that was a big letdown. Any chance that this will be available for the Classic version? Hope so.
Mantis

RE: 1939 Storm over Europe

Post by Mantis »

I'm sorry for the necro, but I have to agree; I was going to pick this up during the Steam summer sale, it's been on my wishlist forever. But in all honesty, I only wanted it for the WWII scenario. I would have bought the game and been really disappointed, I'm glad I saw this thread.

Is the original version still available? I have all over the other releases, but I never did pick that one up, as I'm not interested in WWI and was not aware of the WWII scenario until much later. :(
BillRunacre

Post by BillRunacre »

Hi

The WWII campaign that was included in this is what became the main campaign for our more recent WWII: War in Europe release, so it is available (with lots of updates added since) in that sense.
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/FurySoftware

We're also on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/FurySoftware/
Udet

Post by Udet »

1) Search online for the latest Battlefront patches TGW (v1.07) or BT (v1.05).
2) Extract the patch into a new folder (for example named "BT Patch"), not into you Matrix game folder!
3) Then search in the "Campaigns" folder of the patch for the folder "_1939 Storm over Europe" and for the file "1939 Storm over Europe.cgn".
4) Copy both into the "Campaigns" folder of your game (not into the folder for user campaigns!).
Et voila! [:)]
Udet
Edorf

Post by Edorf »

ORIGINAL: Udet

1) Search online for the latest Battlefront patches TGW (v1.07) or BT (v1.05).
2) Extract the patch into a new folder (for example named "BT Patch"), not into you Matrix game folder!
3) Then search in the "Campaigns" folder of the patch for the folder "_1939 Storm over Europe" and for the file "1939 Storm over Europe.cgn".
4) Copy both into the "Campaigns" folder of your game (not into the folder for user campaigns!).
Et voila! [:)]

This is exactly what I ended up doing:) Downloaded the BT 1.05 patch. Anyways it would be nice if this scenario could be made available officially for owners of the Matrix version.
Udet

Post by Udet »

Anyways it would be nice if this scenario could be made available officially for owners of the Matrix version.

If it has not happened yet there ist little chance for it in the future, I guess. So I am happy with the "patch solution".[8D]
Udet

Return to “Strategic Command Classic: WWI”