Unit colors

Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: The German-Soviet War 1941-1945 is a turn-based World War II strategy game stretching across the entire Eastern Front. Gamers can engage in an epic campaign, including division-sized battles with realistic and historical terrain, weather, orders of battle, logistics and combat results.

The critically and fan-acclaimed Eastern Front mega-game Gary Grigsby’s War in the East just got bigger and better with Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: Don to the Danube! This expansion to the award-winning War in the East comes with a wide array of later war scenarios ranging from short but intense 6 turn bouts like the Battle for Kharkov (1942) to immense 37-turn engagements taking place across multiple nations like Drama on the Danube (Summer 1944 – Spring 1945).

Moderators: Joel Billings, elmo3, Sabre21

AFV

Unit colors

Post by AFV »

Been on hiatus for 5 years, good to be back.
I know how to edit unit colors, but its just a crapshoot of what I get (% red, % green, % blue). Has anyone put together a "key"- combinations of colors with the result?
No idea

RE: Unit colors

Post by No idea »

I think using mods for that is better. Sorry I cant help you
RedLancer

Post by RedLancer »

Plenty online

Attachments
RGB.gif
RGB.gif (36.44 KiB) Viewed 513 times
John
WitE2 Asst Producer
WitE & WitW Dev
AFV

Post by AFV »

Wow, thank you Red!
fritzfarlig

Post by fritzfarlig »

just ask where is the default colour for reserve front ?
JAS Gripen

Post by JAS Gripen »

Anyone can tell why changing unit colors work in game but not in the editor? I can change the color but when I save and load the scenario it resets.
miv792

Post by miv792 »

More colors. It is in russian, but everything is quite simple there. In the first link we take the color, in the second decoding.
http://book.itep.ru/10/color_tab.htm

https://colorscheme.ru/color-converter.html
Sorry for my english
countrboy

Post by countrboy »

Something I only figured out recently is the following:

When you change the HQ of a unit, for some reason the unit sometimes stays the original color (I've noticed this often happens if I manually change the color of a single unit - let's say I want to earmark it for some purpose later). It that happens, if you go into 'Set unit color' and just click X each time the RGB input box comes up, it resets the unit color to the parent HQ.

Everybody probably knows this but I have owned the game for years and only just figured it out.
Chris21wen

Post by Chris21wen »

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series”