Enjoying the demo of this game!

Germany At War: Operation Barbarossa 1941 is an elegant turn-based design, inspired by classics such as Panzer General, but with more of a historical focus. You command the German forces through a branching historical campaign covering the entire 1941 campaign as well as part of the 1942 campaign. Dozens of scenarios stretch from the Soviet border all the way to Archangel and towards Astrakhan, the original military goals of Operation Barbarossa. Step into a wargame where your performance will rewrite history, through an addictive combination of compelling gameplay, realistic events and challenging battles.

Moderator: Ronald Wendt

36142CP

Enjoying the demo of this game!

Post by 36142CP »

I've been playing the demo of GAWB41 and Panzer Corps. I prefer GAWB41 and am now thinking of buying it.
There appears to be not many custom scenarios made for it etc compared to other titles and it has limited support.
Find it a bit bizarre, as it's a cracking game, and reminds me of Unity Of Command in some ways, which is a game I bought when it first came out, along with the two expansions.
The map editor n GAWB41, I'm assuming I can build anything I like then play as the Germans against the Russian AI on the newly designed map? Are there any 'unofficial' websites with custom campaigns designed for the game?
Any information greatly appreciated.
Many thanks.
All the best.
Chris.
terminator

RE: Enjoying the demo of this game!

Post by terminator »

Hi,
I've just post a new scenario.
The Editor is very simple to use. You can build anything you like (scenario or campaign).
With the upcoming patch 1.08 you will have more units, less bugs and new features. This game can only improve in time !
36142CP

Post by 36142CP »

Hello Terminator, thanks for your reply.
I had a look around after posting my topic and noticed some of the files available and mention of the upcoming new patch. Looks like I will be purchasing the game this week! Been playing more of the demo this evening and finding it very enjoyable, there appears to be more considerations to factor into each turn and the game has more depth than panzer corps, in my opinion.
Many thanks.
AngrySwan

Post by AngrySwan »

Hi,

There is a 1941 campaign based on the stock scenarios. In the stock Arkhangelsk-Astrakhan campaign you go as far as Smolensk and then advance with one army group in 1941 while the two other army groups stop and then start a new attack in 1942, reaching the Arkhangelsk - Astrakhan line. In the 1941 campaign all army groups attack in 1941. Army Group North goes to Leningrad (which is encircled as it was historically) Army Group South takes Rostov and Army Group Center takes Moscow.

The art of war is simple and esay to understand but fighting a war is hard.

Return to “Germany at War: Barbarossa 1941”