Custom Ship Name Mod

Please post here for questions and discussion about scenario, art and sound modding and the game editor for Distant Worlds.

Moderators: Icemania, elliotg

Hannable

Custom Ship Name Mod

Post by Hannable »

Someone awhile ago posted about my ship name mod being removed for whatever reason so I'm going to upload it again.

For those who don't remember or may not have been around when I made this the first time, this mod simply gives the player thousands of ship names for the game to use. Every warship from every nation from WWI through to the modern era is represented. Yeah, I do mean every single one. If a warship had a name, chances are, it's in here.

Since, obviously, I don't have an archive for alien ship names, all of the names are human. It would be rather silly for an alien race to be flying the U.S.S. Nimitz. This mod is best used for human civs and works super well with the Federation and the Picard Era mod.

Frigates, corvettes, aircraft carriers, battleships, guided missile cruisers, battle cruisers, dreadnoughts, heavy cruisers, light cruisers, nuclear attack aircraft carriers, harrier carriers, ballistic missile submarines, hunter-killer submarines, diesel attack submarines, destroyers, guided missile destroyers, helicopter cruisers, guided missile frigates, landing ship docks, landing platform helicopters, landing ship tanks, amphibious assault ships, fast combat replenishment ships, fleet oilers, ammunition ships, combat stores ships ... and, seriously, do I have to keep going? Heh heh. Yeah, all of these ships and many more are included from EVERY nation on the planet.

But wait, there's more. Order yours today and you'll receive at no extra charge ... thousands of civilian ship names. Now your freighters, passenger ships, even your stations will now have their own names. These names were taken from real civilian ships from every nation that has them.

And because I'm a sucker for unique names, I'm also adding at no extra charge roughly a thousand colony names. Since planets have been traditionally named after gods, goddesses, and mythological heroes, these colony names are of gods and heroes from all sorts of cultures from the Assyrians to the Egyptians to the Chinese to the Indian.

Attachments
shipNames.txt
(125.57 KiB) Downloaded 1287 times
"Only one human captain has survived battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else." - Delenn of Minbar
HeinrickArchsider

RE: Custom Ship Name Mod

Post by HeinrickArchsider »

Sounds cool

Return to “Design and Modding”