[RELEASED] New Scenario: DCA-MiniEX

Post new mods and scenarios here.

Moderator: MOD_Command

Tomcat84

[RELEASED] New Scenario: DCA-MiniEX

Post by Tomcat84 »

I built this scenario in closed beta in one afternoon, it started as a testbed for new Lua functions when they first started getting implemented in closed beta, then I decided, what the hell, let's just make it releasable :)

It's a small scenario pitting 10 F-15s and 8 F-16s to defend Denmark against a mix of about 30-40 Flankers, Fulcrums and Fencers.

It features a bunch of Lua events going on to drive the AI's behaviour. I hope you like it! This means of course that 1.06 is required.

Let me know if you like it!

Thanks for playing!

Description and briefing:

DCA Mini-EX

Date/Time: 7th June 2012 / 09:00:00 Zulu
Playable Sides: Blue
Designer: Tomcat84

Introduction
The USAFE's 493rd Fighter Squadron, normally based at RAF Lakenheath, has deployed 12 F-15Cs to Denmark for a two week squadron exchange with Eskadrille 727 at Skrydstrup airbase, home of all Danish F-16s. Now, on the last day of the exchange before the Eagles fly home tomorrow, both units "forward deploy" part of their aircraft to Karup airbase for a small DCA exercise against units operating out of Norway. Also joining in are two NATO E-3A AWACS jets, operating from Skrydstrup.

This scenario puts you in charge of this DCA exercise in which you defend your airspace against attacks from Red Air. You have the following assets at your disposal:

Craven/Hammer/Disbound Flights - RDAF F-16AMs x 10 - DCA tasking
Chosen/Killer Flights - USAFE F-15Cs x 8 - DCA tasking

Scenario Designer's notes
I hope you enjoy this little scenario. It started out as a test to get familiar with B575's new LUA functionality, but as I was building it I decided to make it releasable. The scope is pretty small though.

Couple of notes:

- I recommend that you turn off the "Scenario Events" notifications in the Game Options
-> Message log menu. Otherwise you will see when certain events are fired and it will give you unrealistic SA.

- Enemy proficiency is set to "Novice" to generate slightly more realistic missile PH. When future software updates change the way PH%s are calculated this may change. If you want more of a challenge you can manually change the Proficiency levels in the Sceneditor.

- Make sure you check your side doctrine/EMCON etc. at start to see if it is to your liking. For example I play with Manual Evasion set to no, so that is how this scenario starts. Feel free to adjust as needed.

Blue Air Mission Commander Briefing

Good morning, you are the Blue Air DCA commander for today. You will be expected to control today's DCA exercise against Redland.

Task:
Your task is to defend several friendly targets against Redland air strikes, maximizing their air losses, while minimizing Blue losses.

Timeline:
You have two and a half hours until the scenario ends, with the VUL time for your mission being from 0930Z to 1130Z. This also means that all available aircraft should fly only one sortie. No rearming/refueling!

Threat:
There are several air threats in today's mission, all operating out of one factor airfield at Oslo/Gardermoen. Redland's airspace is defended by SA-20s, it would be unwise to enter. Today's mission is defensive in nature, do not sally forth towards the enemy airfield, that is not our training objective.

Enemy Air Order of Battle:
Approx. 8-10 MiG-29 Fulcrum C. Expected armed with AA-10A and Archer
Approx. 12-16 SU-27S Flanker B. Expected armed with mix of 10A, 10C and Archer
Approx. 6-9 SU-24 Fencer C. Expected armed with general purpose ("dumb") bombs.

It is expected that the enemy will have somewhere between 4 and 8 fighters airborne on a defensive CAP and the others at various states of readiness for their offensive. Remember that you do not necessarily have to engage their defensive CAP if you don't want to.

Tactics:
Tactics are up to you, however there are some restrictions. As said, defensive operations are what we are training. So keep your fighters somewhat near the Danish coast. Crossing into Norwegian airspace is NOT to happen. Don't want to tangle with those SA-20s anyway. Other than that, come up with a sound plan to destroy whatever Redland throws at you, bearing in mind that you are not to land and relaunch your assets.

Good luck!

Attachments
DCAMiniEX.zip
(72.03 KiB) Downloaded 251 times
My Scenarios and Tutorials for Command

(Scenarios focus on air-warfare :) )
hellfish6

RE: New Scenario: DCA-MiniEX

Post by hellfish6 »

I liked it. Very tight design.

Got a major victory with a score of 44, and spent the last 1 hr 15 min waiting for the scenario to end (wasn't sure if there would be another strike or not). 16:1 kill ratio. I'll take it. Did AIM-120Cs get a bump in capabilities in the last patch? I was pleasantly surprised to see a lot of hits.

SIDE: Blue
===========================================================

LOSSES:
-------------------------------
1x F-15C Eagle
1x F-16AM Falcon MLU

EXPENDITURES:
------------------
42x AIM-120C-7 AMRAAM P3I.3
4x Generic Chaff Salvo [8x Cartridges]
28x AIM-120B AMRAAM
6x Generic Chaff Salvo [5x Cartridges]

SIDE: Red

LOSSES:
16x Su-27S Flanker B
8x MiG-29 Fulcrum C
8x Su-24 Fencer C

EXPENDITURES:
------------------
16x AA-10 Alamo C [R-27RE, LR SARH]
26x Generic Chaff Salvo [4x Cartridges]
13x AA-10 Alamo A [R-27R, MR SARH]
13x Generic Chaff Salvo [5x Cartridges]
1x AA-11 Archer [R-73]

Gunner98

Post by Gunner98 »

Very nice

Pretty much same results as Hellfish.  Although I needed to use Sidewinders to take out the Fencers and one of the MiGs as my luck with the AMRAAMs wasn't quite so good. Lost an extra F-16 and a Fulcrum got away, so a ratio of 10:1.

B

LOSSES:
2x F-16AM Falcon MLU
1x F-15C Eagle

EXPENDITURES:
------------------
48x AIM-120C-7 AMRAAM P3I.3
36x AIM-120B AMRAAM
18x Generic Chaff Salvo [5x Cartridges]
10x Generic Chaff Salvo [8x Cartridges]
16x AIM-9X Sidewinder
4x Generic Flare Salvo [3x Cartridges, Single Spectral]
5x 20mm/85 M61A1 Vulcan Burst [100 rnds]

LOSSES:
16x Su-27S Flanker B
7x MiG-29 Fulcrum C
8x Su-24 Fencer C

EXPENDITURES:
------------------
31x AA-10 Alamo A [R-27R, MR SARH]
16x AA-10 Alamo C [R-27RE, LR SARH]
51x Generic Chaff Salvo [4x Cartridges]
22x Generic Chaff Salvo [5x Cartridges]
2x AA-11 Archer [R-73]
2x Generic Flare Salvo [4x Cartridges, Single Spectral]
Check out our novel, Northern Fury: H-Hour!: http://northernfury.us/
And our blog: http://northernfury.us/blog/post2/
Twitter: @NorthernFury94 or Facebook https://www.facebook.com/northernfury/
Tomcat84

Post by Tomcat84 »

Glad you guys enjoyed it!

Good point about the lack of feedback about when things are done hellfish, I'll try to think if I can come up with something for that or not.

Also your good luck with the amraams is probably because I set the enemy proficiency to the low side so they get a reduced agility bonus. I'll play the scen again myself to see if I'm happy with the numbers. But this is supposed to be a quick affair against a not too well trained or equipped adversary :)

A quick scen to play during a lunch break haha :)

Gunner did you perhaps take a look at the fulcrum in editor mode and see why he got away? Bingo RTB? Was it one of the ones coming from around to the west or east do you remember?

Thanks for the feedback guys!

ClaudeJ

Post by ClaudeJ »

LOSSES:
4x F-15C Eagle
5x F-16AM Falcon MLU
1x Building (Communication Hub)
1x Building (Barracks)
1x Building (Pump House)
1x Building (Large Government Building)
1x Building (Radio/TV Station)

EXPENDITURES:
------------------
37x AIM-120C-7 AMRAAM P3I.3
36x AIM-120B AMRAAM
9x Generic Chaff Salvo [8x Cartridges]
20x Generic Chaff Salvo [5x Cartridges]
14x Generic Flare Salvo [3x Cartridges, Single Spectral]
3x AIM-9X Sidewinder

LOSSES:
16x Su-27S Flanker B
7x MiG-29 Fulcrum C

EXPENDITURES:
------------------
38x AA-10 Alamo A [R-27R, MR SARH]
22x AA-10 Alamo C [R-27RE, LR SARH]
39x Generic Chaff Salvo [4x Cartridges]
10x AA-11 Archer [R-73]
21x Generic Chaff Salvo [5x Cartridges]
1x Generic Flare Salvo [3x Cartridges, Single Spectral]
1x Generic Flare Salvo [4x Cartridges, Single Spectral]
42x FAB-500M-54 GPB
7x 23mm Gsh-6-23 [50 rnds]

Ok, so setting up a patrol, grabbing a beer and laying back is NOT the way to go! [:D]

How do you guys manage to prevent your fighters empty their loadout on the two poor redfor probes that come say Hi before the eny thrust?
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 4 Go, Windows 10 64bits, 32 GB RAM, Regional settings = French, Belgium
(Previously known as JanMasters0n)
Tomcat84

Post by Tomcat84 »

Lol, when I said nice to play during lunch break I didn't mean turn the scenario on and go out to eat lunch haha [;)]

Honestly for now I just use manual weapon allocation cause I am a control freak. Once 1.07 comes around though theres gonna be a whole lot of new weapon control options that will be awesome!

What exactly do you mean with two probes though? If you mean the 4 Fulcrums that are airborne at mission start in two side by side patrols? You know, they are intending to just be defensive, if you dont get too close to them and keep your fighters on a leash, they might not even bother you :)

If you mean something else then please let me know in more detail [:)]

Thanks for playing!

ClaudeJ

Post by ClaudeJ »

I'll give manual weapon allocation a try.

As for the probe, I was under the impression that two pairs came on the flanks before the main urge cam down, I may be wrong though.

Anyway, fun scenario, thanks for sharing it.
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 4 Go, Windows 10 64bits, 32 GB RAM, Regional settings = French, Belgium
Tomcat84

Post by Tomcat84 »

Ah yeah I see what you mean. What should happen is

SPOILERS

An initial sweep of three 4 ships of Flankers, then on each flank a 2 ship of Fulcrums followed in trail by a low Fencer, and from the north 6 Fencers with off the top of my head another Flanker four ship and a Fulcrum four ship up front. And then theres the two Fulcrum two ships who dont come down unless you harass them.

Gunner98

Post by Gunner98 »

Gunner did you perhaps take a look at the fulcrum in editor mode and see why he got away? Bingo RTB? Was it one of the ones coming from around to the west or east do you remember?

Tomcat:
I didn't open the editor on that one. He was coming in from center right - I suspect he was out of missiles - the bugger had just shot down a Falcon. It was a bit of a fur-ball, two F-16's AMRAAMs expended, two MiG-29s short range missiles only as they had dumped their long range ones earlier. End result was all missiles on all ships expended and 1x MiG 29 & 1x F-16 down within about 2 seconds and the survivor on each side heading home.

I used Auto Allocation, perhaps that's why so many missiles got expended. I had three CAPs, 1 low (2 F-16) and 2 high 4 F-16 ea with 2 on station) and kept the F-15s grounded until I could judge the situation. Launched two pair on the first Su-27 push one left one right, they expended all missiles for 7 or 8 Flankers and the remainder picked off from Falcons. Launched the other two pair when I saw the creepers coming down the flanks, took care of the lead MiG-29s OK but by then I had to switched both pair to the center where they expended the remainder of their AMRAAMs on the 2nd push of Flanker & Fulcrums. These two pairs then dropped to the bottom and swung back south to pick off the Fencers coming in from the flank. This left the remaining F-16s to hold off the remainder of the push coming down the center. That's when the fur-ball happened, I had two remaining F-16's with Sidewinders only who met up and dispatched the last Fencers coming in from the north, got one with guns.

BTW, the Low CAP 12000, was a bad idea but I was expecting some low flying intruders. They were quite vulnerable and had to climb quite a bit to get into the fight, one of them got whacked very early while climbing.

Without using manual allocation, you need to manage your AC carefully. I don't really like manual allocation for A2A as it seems a bit 'micro' for my liking. I see your point on waiting for 1.7 – but 1.6 hasn't been out 24 hrs yet! – is it Christmas yet?[:D]

B
Check out our novel, Northern Fury: H-Hour!: http://northernfury.us/
And our blog: http://northernfury.us/blog/post2/
Twitter: @NorthernFury94 or Facebook https://www.facebook.com/northernfury/
magi

Post by magi »

i didnt do as well as you guys... need to try some different stuff... but fast and fun indeed.... ill try manual also...
ClaudeJ

Post by ClaudeJ »

Minor Victory: 36

LOSSES:
3x F-15C Eagle
3x F-16AM Falcon MLU

EXPENDITURES:
------------------
48x AIM-120C-7 AMRAAM P3I.3
10x Generic Chaff Salvo [8x Cartridges]
29x AIM-120B AMRAAM
8x AIM-9X Sidewinder
4x Generic Chaff Salvo [5x Cartridges]
6x Generic Flare Salvo [3x Cartridges, Single Spectral]
1x Generic Flare Salvo [3x Cartridges, Dual Spectral]

LOSSES:
16x Su-27S Flanker B
8x MiG-29 Fulcrum C
8x Su-24 Fencer C

EXPENDITURES:
------------------
26x AA-10 Alamo A [R-27R, MR SARH]
21x AA-10 Alamo C [R-27RE, LR SARH]
37x Generic Chaff Salvo [4x Cartridges]
19x Generic Chaff Salvo [5x Cartridges]
3x Generic Flare Salvo [3x Cartridges, Single Spectral]
6x AA-11 Archer [R-73]

Much better than my first try, no Fencer gone trough and I think I've understood what mistakes led to my losses. I'm slowly getting accustomed to manual allocation (not easy when bogeys are in close formation though). Kudos to some Fulcrum who dodged some Amraam, it's nice not to have an absolute supremacy.

Maybe that some OPFOR ECM may make things really spicy for us.

---Spoiler---
I really liked how the second Flanker wave looked like to coordinate itself with the flanking Fulcrums for a well timed dash, good work there.
ultradave

Post by ultradave »

Fast and fun, but I need to work on my air defense planning as I got smoked. But this should be a good manageable scenario to practice some techniques. Thanks.
----------------
Dave A.
"When the Boogeyman goes to sleep he checks his closet for paratroopers"
Primarchx

Post by Primarchx »

Another fun scenario. Lost a Danish Viper to a Alamo-C but that's it. Mapped the Eagles to the Flankers and the Vipers to the Fulcrums for best matchups. Had a knife fight with IRMs between a pair of Vipers and Fulcrums that was closely run, AIM-9X vs AA-11. The Vipers walked away (well ran, very fast!), the Fulcrums didn't. Kept 2-ships lacking AMRAAMs in the backfield to handle any Su-24 raids with their AIM-9s. Worked well.
ultradave

Post by ultradave »

Played this a second time to try to redeem my previous -45 pasting. Much better this time. At least it's good to see I could learn some lessons. :-)

LOSSES:
4x F-15C Eagle
2x F-16AM Falcon MLU

EXPENDITURES:
------------------
28x AIM-120B AMRAAM
35x AIM-120C-7 AMRAAM P3I.3
2x AIM-9X Sidewinder
4x Generic Chaff Salvo [5x Cartridges]
16x Generic Chaff Salvo [8x Cartridges]

LOSSES:
7x MiG-29 Fulcrum C
16x Su-27S Flanker B

EXPENDITURES:
------------------
41x AA-10 Alamo A [R-27R, MR SARH]
29x AA-10 Alamo C [R-27RE, LR SARH]
1x AA-11 Archer [R-73]
26x Generic Chaff Salvo [4x Cartridges]
14x Generic Chaff Salvo [5x Cartridges]

----------------
Dave A.
Tomcat84

Post by Tomcat84 »

Glad you guys liked it!

Ultradave I am wondering why I don't see any SU-24 Fencers among the Red side losses in your report? Did they not show up for some reason? [&:]

ultradave

Post by ultradave »

After a large air to air missile exchange a few opposing fighters turned around and flew north. That may have been them but I didn't investigate what they were and kept my fighters on my side of the straight.

But thinking about it, I don't remember id'ing any Fencers earlier unless they were following and when everything in front of them got blown out of the air they left. Not sure. Sorry wish I could tell you more. At the time I was just glad to see a lack of opposing missiles and aircraft in the air since most of my fighters had fired most of theirs.
----------------
Dave A.

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”