RUNNING POLL - ScenEdit requests

Post new mods and scenarios here.

Moderator: MOD_Command

Dimitris

RUNNING POLL - ScenEdit requests

Post by Dimitris »

Please submit your current most burning feature/bugfix request _relevent to scenario editing only_. Once enough items are up, vote. If your voted item is resolved and removed from the list, re-cast your vote on another.

I'll start with a common request, the ability to bundle custom overlays with scenario files.

Let's see if we can use this.
Meroka37

RE: RUNNING POLL - ScenEdit requests

Post by Meroka37 »

Add operators to Event Editor (conditions now disabled)
'Better honor without ships, than ships without honor"
Primarchx

Post by Primarchx »

Event Editor conditional operators would result in fantastic new opportunities for scenario creation. Custom overlays are nice but are only 'chrome' IMHO.
Meroka37

Post by Meroka37 »

Very good idea by the way....[:)]
MikeGER

Post by MikeGER »

the first: i can do by hand and import picture layers that are stored in a zip file together with the scenario file by the author.

the second: need the Devs dedication and is the bigger improvement (and there is no DIY workaround)

Event Editor conditional operators[:)]
snowburn

Post by snowburn »

Event Editor conditional operators :)

and please add:

-Abort Mission/RTB action (i need it for a scenario im making: your forces must capture a facility and send RTB codes to a lot of bombers to prevent a nuclear strike)
-Change Postures action.
Tomcat84

Post by Tomcat84 »

For me definitely the second. Overlays I can include in zip and give instructions, conditions I need you guys to do :) And it'll give good possibilities!!! Where do we brainstorm on what functions the conditions etc should allow? :)
My Scenarios and Tutorials for Command

(Scenarios focus on air-warfare :) )
Meroka37

Post by Meroka37 »

Create an Action in Event Egine to assign or deassign a unit/s/group to/from a Mission
jesmi

Post by jesmi »

Event Editor conditional operators, please
Blas de Lezo

Post by Blas de Lezo »

[:D]
Rudd

Post by Rudd »

What is "conditions", what options will this add?
chemkid

Post by chemkid »

Dimitris

Post by Dimitris »

ORIGINAL: Rudd
What is "conditions", what options will this add?

The event engine already has triggers ("if this happens") and actions ("do that"). Conditions are the "while...." part.
Tomcat84

Post by Tomcat84 »

ah I missed the fact that this was still an opportunity to suggest options, I thought it was just between the first two lol

In that case I would like to change my vote from enabling conditions (although I still do think thats important!) to adding more actions. The most important one in my book is an "assign to mission" action, which will allow me to retask a unit to a different mission based on timing, units entering somewhere, etc.

Additional actions I'd like are:
- change of sensor status, giving me better control (with timing or reaching a location etc) of when to go radar active. Just mission control isnt enough, even on one mission I might want to change EMCON part way.
- ignore enemy units / react to enemy units, this prevents an airborne CAP intended to defend targets from chasing after my AWACS thats airborne on my side of the FLOT miles away alone before my strikers are launched etc. Then I can set them to start reacting again when time or units enter area. Additionally this could be an option not just to blindly ignore all units out there, but be more specific to a side, or ignore one specific unit too. Edit: of course awacs example also fixedable by improved mission editor patrol settings. Set not just points to patrol within or at, but also area to actually target in. Or do it text based. e.g. target max XX NM away (60 for example). could also work to force SAMs to fire late giving improved kinematics.
- as already in the poll, change side posture.
- and indeed abort/RTB action (with a potential to change base? but thats less important)
- hold fire toggle as an action for AI.

Additional scen edit requests I can think of right now:
- add ability to manually change a unit's fuel status while airborne
- ability to change callsign of units that are "parked" at an airfield (so no need to launch them all to rename, or delete and readd.)
- that the editor when adding A/C, numbers them incrementally callsign 01, 02, 03 rather than 1, 2, 3 as it does now.

This prevents my list from looking like
Archer #1
Archer #10
Archer #11
Archer #12
Archer #2
Archer #3
Archer #4
Archer #5
Archer #6
Archer #7
Archer #8
Archer #9

and just makes it

Archer #01
Archer #02
Archer #03 etc.

We'll talk about Conditions next time [:D] But those will add ability to get random events with certain chance and specify that if that 33% chance event A happens, then event B always happens but if A doesnt then B doesnt either. Making it nice to randomize opponents too (if A gets teleported in to act, then B doesnt, if A doesnt then B might. etc)

Rudd

Post by Rudd »

Additional scen edit requests I can think of right now:
- add ability to manually change a unit's fuel status while airborne
- ability to change callsign of units that are "parked" at an airfield (so no need to launch them all to rename, or delete and readd.)
- that the editor when adding A/C, numbers them incrementally callsign 01, 02, 03 rather than 1, 2, 3 as it does now.
+1 on these
also, ability to change sides on a unit that is already placed(in edit mode)
My number 1 is the ability to delay strike missions so the packages arrive at the target at same time.
Tomcat84

Post by Tomcat84 »

While we're thinking up requests, another thing I'd like in the editor is a toggle to see RPs and/or No nav zones and/or exclusion zones from another/all sides.

I'm building a scenario where blue air has specific airspace restrictions, red air does not but i want to place red air's CAPs in a sensible spot. Now i have to switch back and forth to look at the airspace on blue side then quickly back to red, or remember coordinates. If i could toggle to show (not edit) another side's or all sides' points/zones that might help.

snowburn

Post by snowburn »

another request:

allow to use coordinates to add facilities (like marker:city)
jomni

Post by jomni »

Ability to have events that alter load out and targets.
This ways a squadron can be AA at one time then AG at another.
Tomcat84

Post by Tomcat84 »

The ability to event toggle a units "auto detectable" status on or off. Would help me in a scenario im bulding to facilitate Dynamic Targeting. I want the targeting instructions to be assigned at a certain time with a special message, and then ill teleport the unit in, but it'd be nice if it wasnt visible on the other side of the world before, but i also want it to be visible so i'd like to have it on the other side of the globe, not auto detectable, then teleport in at the right time and switch it to being auto detectable.

it's a minor cosmetic thing really but just asking :)

Dimitris

Post by Dimitris »

Conditions have been added on Event Engine beginning with Build 444; removed from poll.

(If you voted for this, you can now re-vote!)

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”