Enhanced Mod Suite

Advanced Tactics is a versatile turn-based strategy system that gives gamers the chance to wage almost any battle in any time period. The initial release focuses on World War II and includes a number of historical scenarios as well as a full editor! This forum supports both the original Advanced Tactics and the new and improved Advanced Tactics: Gold Edition.

Moderator: Vic

lancer

Enhanced Mod Suite

Post by lancer »

Hi,

Download HERE

Guide for the Perplexed

The new 'Enhanced Mod Suite' is now available for download. It includes the following...

- Enhanced Resources Mod
- Enhanced AI Mod
- Enhanced Officers Mod

All options can be used either in combination or stand alone. All support both Single Player and MP.

Changes - Version 5

Enhanced Officers

Command Allowance now automatically scales so you will always start the game with enough CA to accomodate however many HQ's are already on the map.

New feature: Dissatisfied Officers

Changes - Version 4

Enhanced Officers

Command Allowances upscaled for larger maps

Changes - Version 3

Enhanced AI

Bug preventing play on XXL & XXXL maps fixed

Sabotage attempts no longer made against ports and airfields, only factories and shipyards
Max sabotage cap reduced to 15%

Iron Man option: Grace period before High Command Directives can be issued has been pushed back from turn 20 to turn 30 (5% chance of a directive each turn after this point so you can expect your first directive, on average, around turn 50)

AI air intercepts during players turn has been given a tune up to make it more responsive

AI land based air will not attack your ships unless they have first been spotted (new 2.15 masterfile AI pulled into line)

Enhanced Officers

Included

Information HERE

The scariest thing about Dou Quan is that his CIC has a high opinion of him

Other

Vic's improved naval production routines and the Enhanced AI mod have been tweaked to optimise synergies. Playing with the Enhanced AI and Enhanced Resources options, as a result, will provide a man-sized challenge on ocean maps with the AI now willing, and able, to aggressively bring the war to your doorstep with sizable expeditionary forces being transported in well protected convoys. It can, and will, D-Day your sorry *ss all the way back to your capital..

Documentation has been hived off into a separate download as these were bulky.

Version information displayed and the three separate mods integrated in a more seamless manner to enable mix and match play.

Cheers,
Lancer
Jafele

RE: Enhanced Mod Suite

Post by Jafele »

Hi Lancer. Thanks for updating the mod. At the moment it is perfectly adapted for multiplayer games.

I am testing a single sea scenario (enhanced AI not enabled). The AI was able to disimbark (at the beguining) a group of 10 engineers close to one of my ports (probably searching for my raw mine), it was easy to destroy them. Since then the AI didn´t try it again, for sure because I´m blocking its cities (vessels are being builded there). On another note I´ve received messages of combat (starting the turn), but it was impossible to see the history records report (happens sometimes). Now the AI does not attack vessels with planes in a stupid way. In conclusion it is not problematic to win, however I don´t see any sign of cheating and that´s impressive [&o]. The AI engineers should need to be scorted by landtroops in order to build a port in enemy land, also a higher number of engineers is required to get more EP easily.

Cheers
Las batallas contra las mujeres son las únicas que se ganan huyendo.

NAPOLEÓN BONAPARTE

Cuando el necio oye la verdad se carcajea, porque si no lo hiciera la verdad no sería la verdad.

LAO TSE
Tac2i

Post by Tac2i »

For those of you who don't have an account at advancedtactics.org, I've created a mirror so you can get Lancer's new mod: Lancer's Enhanced Mod Suite (rtworks.org/GameStuff/Enhanced_Mod_Suite_v215e.atzip) (updated to the 5 July 2013 Version 5). This version should work with the latest ATG patch (2.15i).

Note: If you get strange characters on your screen by left clicking the download link, try right clicking and choose Save Link As (Firefox/Chrome) or Save Target As (Internet Explorer).
Tac2i (formerly webizen)
Tac2i

Post by Tac2i »

Added a NATO Counters version of Lancer's Enhanced Mod Suite for 2.15e. (updated to the 5 July 2013 Version 5)
Tac2i (formerly webizen)
Zaratoughda

Post by Zaratoughda »

I used to use your enhanced resources mod regularly but... just the part where you had to have resources connected... didn't want to manage trucks and the like.

But, then you integrated all of that and, for me, using the 'connected' part wasn't worth having the manage the trucks.

So, I no longer use your mod.

Just letting you know.

solops

Post by solops »

Managing trucks does not sound like fun.
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.-Edmund Burke
Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; if it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it.-Judge Learned Hand
lancer

Post by lancer »

Hi,

All that being 'Head trucker' involves is having enough trucks on the map for your requirements. The trucks can do whatever. Not a big deal.

As far as using the mod, or otherwise, because of any particular feature then that's O.K as the mod was made to suit my preferences, not to accommodate a diverse range of public opinion. No sweat.

Rest assured I won't be kicking in your door and ramming a shotgun down your throat just 'cause you don't like my mod. Might send my dog around to pee on your front door mat, though...

Cheers,
Lancer
solops

Post by solops »

ORIGINAL: lancer
Might send my dog around to pee on your front door mat, though...

OK, I can deal with that. It may even keep my dog from chewing up the mat.
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.-Edmund Burke
Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; if it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it.-Judge Learned Hand
Jafele

Post by Jafele »

Web, thanks for the update [:D]

NAPOLEÓN BONAPARTE

Cuando el necio oye la verdad se carcajea, porque si no lo hiciera la verdad no sería la verdad.

LAO TSE
Jafele

Post by Jafele »

Lancer, the card "Command focus" cannot be used by common officers [:(] only by CIC. Is there anyway to fix it?

NAPOLEÓN BONAPARTE

LAO TSE
lancer

Post by lancer »

Hi Jafele,
Will get the ‘Command Focus’ card. This is a card that can only be used by your officer if he is currently your CIC. It can be played on any subordinate officer and raises their relationship level by +20. You CIC is, in effect, making an impromptu field visit to the relevant HQ in order to pin a medal to their chest or reprimand them, depending on their current relationship level.

Working as intended as there is only one level of relationship modelled in the mod, that between your CIC and his subordinates.

'Command Focus' is a special card available only to officers who have been to 'Staff College'. If you have one of these (it'll tell you that they've had this training, just like any other such as 'Infantry School') officers then they are prime candidates for the position of CIC.

Cheers,
Lancer
Rosseau

Post by Rosseau »

Sorry to be so stupid to have to ask: When I open the suite as scenario, I get a blank map to work on. Is this mod just for creating your own, or what am I doing wrong? My main interest is the enhanced leaders. Thanks - your PDF docs are great, btw.
lancer

Post by lancer »

Hi Rosseau,

The mod is for random games, not individual scenarios.

Here's a quick guide to getting it working as it should. If all you want is the Enhanced Officers then just tick that option at the appropriate point and perhaps 'Realistic Officers' if you want a tighter experience.

Mod Useage Guide

Cheers,
Lancer
Tac2i

Post by Tac2i »

Thanks Lancer for making this outstanding mod. Thanks also to Vic for continuing to enhance the base game. The fun factor of playing solitaire games vs the AI has been increased immensely: fun, suspense and replayability! That is a winning combination.

Look forward to your further enhancements so this works on land only maps.
Tac2i (formerly webizen)
Rosseau

Post by Rosseau »

Yes, thank you. Works perfectly after following your mod resource guide for the perplexed [;)]
lancer

Post by lancer »

Hi Webizen,

Thanks for the kind words. Appreciated.

Vic has been very good at helping out and offering further support to ATG.

The Land only side of the Enhanced AI part of the mod has proved to be a bit trickier than it first appeared. Dealing with AI Air, in an intelligent manner, isn't straightforward. With land based maps there is a lot going on but it's the Air side that really swings the deal between an easily exploited and challenging AI.

Time is also in short supply at present so it may be a while before I'm able to nut out a solution and implement it.

Cheers,
Lancer
lancer

Post by lancer »

Hi,

New version uploaded. This shows up in the splash screen at the start as Version Four.

Changes

Enhanced Officers Mod
Command allowance scaled for map sizes and regime counts.

Notes

If you are using a map of size XL or above, the command allowance (how many officers you can command before running into 'overwork' penalties) has been adjusted to reflect the need for more officers on bigger maps. It also takes into account how many regimes are on the map so your allowance increases with fewer regimes present.

The maximum command allowance possible (Huge map, two regimes) has been increased from the standard 3 to 14. While this may not sound like a lot keep in mind that there is a snowballing effect present in that your CIC will gain experience very quickly and race up through the ranks, increasing their capacity as they go.

Cheers,
Lancer
Jafele

Post by Jafele »

Hey Lancer, it´s impossible to donwload the file from the scenario bank. [:(] On the other note I receive an error message when try to open the "enhanced mod documents" located there.

NAPOLEÓN BONAPARTE

LAO TSE
Jafele

Post by Jafele »

D

NAPOLEÓN BONAPARTE

LAO TSE
lancer

Post by lancer »

Hi Jafele,

The scenario bank might have been having a 'moment' or two with regards to the Enhanced Mod Suite but I've resent the file and it's working now.

I had uploaded the Enhanced Documents as a straight 'zip' file as they are all PDF's, however I can see that this might have been causing confusion.

I've redone the Enhanced Documents so that you unpack them via the ATG game menu as per normal.

Cheers,
Lancer

Return to “Advanced Tactics Series”