Gone on to "The Great Gig in the Sky"

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

stevemk1a

Gone on to "The Great Gig in the Sky"

Post by stevemk1a »

Pink floyd founding member and and keyboard player Richard Wright died today.

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5goXI ... gD9379V0O1

I'm listening to Dark Side of the Moon again in tribute ... [:(][&o]
noxious

RE: Gone on to "The Great Gig in the Sky"

Post by noxious »

As usual, journalists got it wrong : actually, it's on Final Cut that he was relegated to "studio musician" status, a shining example of the disturbed ultranarcistic egocentric megalomania and melancholia driven Roger Waters diktat, fuelled by his perhaps a bit too intense identification to Pink Floyd, the fictional superstar ;)

I saw both Waters and Floyd in '87, and it was a no contest :)
Saw them again at the Big O in '88, and I wished I had been born in 1960 instead of '70 ;)
'Cause I couldn't stand their new stuff, and even less the latter Division Bell...
Hmmm, should rummage through boxes in the hope that my bootlegs (taped by yours truly with a nifty AIWA walkman sized stereo player/recorder from that era) of those shows have survived flood(s) anb a storage space fire...
When they played Money at the Big O, I thought the sound system had blown : during the mid-song jam, the sound was so soft, you could hear the A/C of the stadium (I had great seats on the parterre, 26th row or so). And that jam was a great moment of true themed improvisation :)
Ah, the memories !!

Farewell brother in arms !!
Be Kind. Everyone is fighting a hard battle.
stevemk1a

RE: Gone on to "The Great Gig in the Sky"

Post by stevemk1a »

"I'm not frightened of dying"

Pink Floyd - The Great Gig in the Sky
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uoGtAupbkcM

Return to “General Discussion”