Are there any online games available?

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

Arvel1000

Are there any online games available?

Post by Arvel1000 »

Hi Friends, I want to ask you that are there any online games available. I am fond of playing video effects games. I already have video games, play station but still feel that I should now hang up with some more new games. If you people know about some internet games then please tell me. Thanks in advance.

Balthazar Gerards

RE: Are there any online games available?

Post by Balthazar Gerards »

Hi Arvel,

About online games I can't help you. But as you stated you've already got video games and a Playstation I would recommend WitP. It's very popular around here; you might give it a try!
Twotribes

Post by Twotribes »

If he is a video gamer he wants first person shooters and such, he is probably not going to like the grind involved in planning and minute details of all that is WiTP.
Favoritism is alive and well here.
Kuokkanen

Post by Kuokkanen »

ORIGINAL: Balthazar Gerards

Hi Arvel,

About online games I can't help you. But as you stated you've already got video games and a Playstation I would recommend WitP. It's very popular around here; you might give it a try!
Is this joke?

Arvel1000, I advise you that most games released by Matrix Games (this is Matrix Games forums) are wargames. By wargames we mean hex and turn based games on tactical, operational and strategic scales. So it goes like this: you start game, game area is map with six-sided areas on them (called hexes), and you move your game pieces (tanks and infantry squads on tactical level, battalions, divisions and fleets on operational level) from one hex to another one at the time. Does this sound like chess? Yep, pretty much like it. Except you can usually move all your pieces in same turn before it is opponent's turn. One game turn is at least several minutes, and up to full 8-hour work day (or that's what some say about War in the Pacific).

Now that was just approximate description of the most common type of wargames, called I go U go (IGOUGO). There are wargames, where both players plot their moves at the same time, and then game resolves what happens (called WEGO, we go). Then are so called RTS games (Real-Time Strategy), where no turns are involved, and players move their pieces all at once, at their will. All these games comes in various scales (tactical, operational, strategic), and they are available for money, and also without money. For wargame beginner I recommend following:

Battle for Wesnoth
Fantasy theme wargame with elves, orcs, zombies, and then some (no hobbits though). I think this can be ranked at operational level. Turn & hex based, IGOUGO.

UFO: Alien Invasion
This game marries tactical and strategic scale levels. On strategic scale, you are general in charge of defending whole Earth against alien invasion from outer space in real time. On tactical scale player leads group of soldiers against the aliens, in turn based. Involves great variety of things to do, but otherwise game isn't overly complex or too difficult to learn.

Steel Panthers: World at War
Second World War (some call it World War 2) in tactical level. Infantry size varies from lone sniper up to half platoon, everything else (aircrafts, vehicles, boats...) are individuals. PDF manual is thick, but comprehensive, and takes special care of starting wargamer. Furthermore, in Internet are available advanced *tutorial scenarios, which help you to master the game. Tactical level, turn & hex based, IGOUGO.

*Scenario describes the battle, or mission, map, elements (game pieces) on the map, objectives for each side, and general reason for the scenario. Tutorial means scenario, that is designed for new player to get in the game.

Also see topic Free strategy games
You know what they say, don't you? About how us MechWarriors are the modern knights, how warfare has become civilized now that we have to abide by conventions and rules of war. Don't believe it.

MekWars
nirmel786

Post by nirmel786 »

Yes, why not, there is lots of stuff on internet related to this. Huge number of games is available online. Dominoes Stars provides a wide range of dominoes games on internet. They provide very user friendly games that are really easy to access and are fun with players competing with each other.
Widell

Post by Widell »

This is hardly the place to advertise "Safe deposits and quick payouts"....

Return to “General Discussion”