A point about infantry.

Armored Brigade is a real-time tactical wargame, focusing on realism and playability
Galaxy227

A point about infantry.

Post by Galaxy227 »

I cannot fathom why the developers thought a unit of infantry should be permanently restricted to traveling by foot the moment their transport vehicle is destroyed. Many times I've found myself with an infantry squad & IFV who have both lost their original respective "links," (the bond between an IFV and infantry squad), and would like to have said IFV make a new link with the aforementioned infantry squad to transport, but am unable to do so.

I love Armored Brigade. I've stopped playing AB because it infuriates me that I can't manually create new links between infantry and transports. I'm tired of having a perfectly good infantry squad alongside a spare IFV, but the IFV can't transport the infantry. Why?!
zacklaws

RE: A point about infantry.

Post by zacklaws »

Its one of the few reasons why I stopped playing it as it is totally unrealistic, I cannot remember last time I played it as it is such an infuriating game. Nothing worse than doing an assault, and you have troops walking a long way behind and the likes of BMP's with no troops aboard to dismount close or on the objective. I did raise the issue a very long time ago. I know from my own experiences that you jump into any transport going even if you have to squeeze in with others.
thewood1

Post by thewood1 »

That also applies to crewed weapons. They are close to useless except in static defense.
zacklaws

Post by zacklaws »

ORIGINAL: thewood1

That also applies to crewed weapons. They are close to useless except in static defense.

My workaround for this was to make them mobile in the database. But, if I recall it was not realistic as they was carrying a lot of ammunition and as I know from experience, when it came to manpacking mortars on an advance to contact, you could only carry very limited ammunition, unless you had a soft skin vehicle available, got it airlifted by helicopter, or carried by the rifle company your supporting who would predump it on the mortar line as they passed through it.

Return to “Armored Brigade”