Modifying in the Editor

A complete overhaul and re-development of Gary Grigsby's War in the East, with a focus on improvements to historical accuracy, realism, user interface and AI.

Moderator: Joel Billings

Naughteous Maximus

Modifying in the Editor

Post by Naughteous Maximus »

How can I create and lock generic data in the editor? I was able to due this in WITW and WITE but I don't see it in WITE2.I'm trying to do some changes in the TOB and Units editor but I'll save the scenario I'm modifying but every time after I've quit the game and get into it later, the name changes I've done are gone and its reverted back to its previous nomenclature.
Example: 15th Infantry Division I'll change to 15. Infanterie-Division. [&:]
Karri

RE: Modifying in the Editor

Post by Karri »

ORIGINAL: Naughteous Maximus

How can I create and lock generic data in the editor? I was able to due this in WITW and WITE but I don't see it in WITE2.I'm trying to do some changes in the TOB and Units editor but I'll save the scenario I'm modifying but every time after I've quit the game and get into it later, the name changes I've done are gone and its reverted back to its previous nomenclature.
Example: 15th Infantry Division I'll change to 15. Infanterie-Division. [&:]

You have to edit the generic data. The ability to save generic data (lock) with scenario has been disbaled, but will probably be back in a few patches.
Denniss

Post by Denniss »

And those changes are best done with a copy of the main game installation so your changes are not overwritten by patches.
WitE dev team - (aircraft data)
WitE 1.08+ dev team (data/scenario maintainer)
WitW dev team (aircraft data, partial data/scenario maintainer)
WitE2 dev team (aircraft data)
Naughteous Maximus

Thanks, will give it a try.
Naughteous Maximus

I made a copy of the GenData file. One is the original and the other will be the one I will modify. How would I get this to work though? Would I have to keep switching files or just use my modified one unless I upload a patch and switch to the original GenData file? [&:]

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2”