Map Scale Query

Armored Brigade is a real-time tactical wargame, focusing on realism and playability
Phoenix100

Map Scale Query

Post by Phoenix100 »

I was wondering about the scale of the maps - that is, the relationship between the size of objects on the map, like buildings and vehicles, and the terrain itself - I was playing in an area I know well (on the Ardennes map)and it seemed to me that the houses and other buildings, certainly, were all too big to represent actual buildings on a 1:1 basis. Are they meant to be symbols, representing types of object (even on the '3D map') rather than 1:1 representations? That is, one house might actually stand for a few houses (as if the 3D map were actually a kind of more stylish 2D map in reality)? On the 3D map I would think the house objects are around twice the size they should be for the terrain distances. Ditto the vehicles. Have I read this wrong? Thanks.
Veitikka

RE: Map Scale Query

Post by Veitikka »

The building sprites are just symbols. It's similar to Steel Panthers where the smallest buildings are like 50 meters wide because of the hexes. We have the 30 meter squares to show that it's a built up area.
Know thyself!
Phoenix100

RE: Map Scale Query

Post by Phoenix100 »

I see. Thanks.

Return to “Armored Brigade”