[Answered] Current status of night ops limits in CMO

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_Command

boogabooga

[Answered] Current status of night ops limits in CMO

Post by boogabooga »

I remember this being discussed at some point, but I cannot find the conversation.

It seems from my own testing that aircraft with "day only" loadouts are able to take off at night and even use their weapons, including EO-guided munitions that are theoretically not used at night. On the other hand, many sensors are affected by nighttime. Then, some aircraft have a "night navigation (...)" property and I do not understand what that means, as I cannot tell .

I'm not meaning to harp, but for knowledge sake (mission building, etc.), could someone please explain what nighttime limitations are and are not currently modeled in CMO?
The boogabooga doctrine for CMO: Any intentional human intervention needs to be able to completely and reliably over-ride anything that the AI is doing at any time.
DWReese

RE: Current status of night ops limits in CMO, ("Day-only" loadouts, EO weapon guidance, etc.)

Post by DWReese »

I don't believe that they work as of yet.

It may say that they are "restricted", but I don't believe that that has been implemented as of yet.

Doug
Rory Noonan

RE: Current status of night ops limits in CMO, ("Day-only" loadouts, EO weapon guidance, etc.)

Post by Rory Noonan »

Currently quick turnaround is affected by day/night, so if you have a day loadout set to QT and it returns after dark it will need to stand down.

Day/night restrictions and weather restrictions beyond that are not currently implemented at the program level but you can definitely use the Lua API to implement this if you like.

Can't say I'm looking forward to the inevitable 'Why won't my aircraft launch?' reports when it is implemented.
AndrewJ

Post by AndrewJ »

A simple error message, similar to the ones for the inability to complete a loadout due to lack of munitions, or the inability to refuel because of doctrine settings, should handle most of those concerns.

Return to “Tech Support”